cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

email customization

dustinsuko
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone know of a way to customize e-mail alerts from MARS? I have been impressed with the power I have to leverage information correlated by MARS to report on specific events. however when it comes to alerting me of an event via e-mail I am less than impressed. When an e-mail alert comes into my e-mail all I have to go on is the Rule name ( i have changed every "action" name to match the rule name) ...I have to log into MARS to find out the details. unfortunately the details provided by the initial e-mail is not sufficient, some way of customizing the e-mail format itself would be great...

MARS version 6.0.6.

Dustin Suko

1 Reply 1

Scott Fringer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dustin;

At this time, there is no capability to alter the details of the email alert provided by CS-MARS.

You could look into having CS-MARS use the action of "XML Email" as this contain much more of the actual event data, but is presented in XML format.

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: