cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Variation on common RV042 VPN problem

MBennell1
Level 1
Level 1

I am having trouble connecting to an RV042 router using the QuickVPN Client. I have been able to conenct in the past but when trying this time ran into problems. I have upgraded the firmware and client to the newest versions. Here is the twist. If I reset the router to the factory defaults, then go to the VPN Client Access tab and add a user, generate and export new certificates, then try to connect it works just fine. As soon as I try to change anything I can no longer connect. For instance in system management if I switch from smart link backup to load balanced and save it I can no longer connect. I was able to change the admin password and still connect but anything more significant and I immediately can no longer connect. I also can not connect if I put the setting back to it's original value. So if I change load balanced back to smart link backup and save it again I still can't connect. If I reset it back to factory and do the inital setup again I can connect again. Would anything else be changing when I save the Dual-WAN settings? It seems odd that it would work, but when changed and immediately changed back it will no longer work. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Hi Mark,

It seems strange.

Can you get the logs when attempting a failed VPN connection (after doing a change)?

Federico.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: