cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH support on Routers and Switches

dvaggalis
Level 1
Level 1

To use SSH to access routers and switches, I need to have an image that supports encryption. With routers does the IP Base image, with encryption support SSH?

The routers can be ordered from the factory with the encryption image, but the switches, 3750, 2960, etc... can only be ordered with the non-crypto image, and then the customer must download the encrypted image, why is this?  I understand it has to do with import/export rules, but why can you order it on the routers but not the switches?

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes any image that supports encryption (frequently indicated with k9 in the image name) should support SSH. I have a customer with some routers with IP BASE with encryption and they are running SSH just fine.

I was not aware of that distinction about encryption support in switches and have no explanation for why it is that way.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

To use SSH to access routers and switches, I need to have an image that supports encryption. With routers does the IP Base image, with encryption support SSH?

The routers can be ordered from the factory with the encryption image, but the switches, 3750, 2960, etc... can only be ordered with the non-crypto image, and then the customer must download the encrypted image, why is this?  I understand it has to do with import/export rules, but why can you order it on the routers but not the switches?

Hi,

As Suggested an image with crypto encryption support which can be seen in ios indicated as K9 in name will be supported for SSH funcationality on devcies.

Hope to help !!

Ganesh.H

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: