cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection System Transfer

budmiller
Level 1
Level 1

I have found in one of our rather large deployments that when an outside caller calls a DID into the Auto Attendant in Unity Connection 2.1 that if they use the system transfer option to transfer to an analog phone on a VG224 that is busy that it will just give them a message that the call cannot be transferred and then hang up.

I found a document detailing this problem: http://www.ciscosystems.com.ro/application/pdf/paws/107517/calltrf.pdf

There is a workaround included but as this installation has many VG224s full of analog phones this will be quite time consuming to implement.

Does anyone know if this has been fixed in the newer versions of Unity Connection? If not is there a way to modify the message that says the call cannot be transferred to a message just saying the phone is busy without the workaround in the document?

Thanks

Bud Miller

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Bud,

In looking at this, this appears to be more of an issue with analog phone configurations as it states that Unity is operating as expected, "As designed, Cisco Unity Connection plays the message You cannot be transferred to this number. Check the number and try again. If the number is correct, the message that plays should be The number is busy please
try later (or an equivalent message whenever the number is busy). As a workaround to the above problem
follow step below to achieve the desired message".  I can double check release notes of CUC versions for you but since there is no bug ID cited, it is unlikely that this has been addressed at the Unity Connection level.  Have you done a bug scrub for the VG224 to see if this links to a bug (otherwise, all signs point to "normal behavior").  The workaround doesn't look great, I agree...unfortunately, reading this doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy in which to answer you with.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Bud,

In looking at this, this appears to be more of an issue with analog phone configurations as it states that Unity is operating as expected, "As designed, Cisco Unity Connection plays the message You cannot be transferred to this number. Check the number and try again. If the number is correct, the message that plays should be The number is busy please
try later (or an equivalent message whenever the number is busy). As a workaround to the above problem
follow step below to achieve the desired message".  I can double check release notes of CUC versions for you but since there is no bug ID cited, it is unlikely that this has been addressed at the Unity Connection level.  Have you done a bug scrub for the VG224 to see if this links to a bug (otherwise, all signs point to "normal behavior").  The workaround doesn't look great, I agree...unfortunately, reading this doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy in which to answer you with.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!