cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail Issue (message are not being saved in the mailbox)

juliocv99
Level 1
Level 1

cuecliad.fmb

Voicemail Issue (message are not being saved in the mailbox)

Hi

I am having problems with voicemail in a new UC520.

Phones connected to the UC520 are able to call to PSTN and Local extensions but they are not able to leave a voice mail.

Let me clarify this:

When Phone A calls Phone B and Phone B does not answer. The call is forward to voice mail (888). User using the phone A will get a message saying “extension B is not available please leave the message after the tone” . User A left the message but it does not appear in User B Mailbox.

show voicemail detail mailbox userA     does not show message at all

Below is my configuration related with Voice mail

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to h323

allow-connections h323 to sip

allow-connections sip to h323

allow-connections sip to sip

supplementary-service h450.12

no supplementary-service sip moved-temporarily

no supplementary-service sip refer

interface Integrated-Service-Engine0/0

ip unnumbered Loopback0

service-module ip address 10.1.10.1 255.255.255.252

service-module ip default-gateway 10.1.10.2

dial-peer voice 2015 voip

description ** cue voicemail pilot number **

destination-pattern 888

b2bua

voice-class sip outbound-proxy ipv4:10.1.10.1 

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:10.1.10.1

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

telephony-service

voicemail 888

ephone-dn  11  dual-line

number 302 no-reg both

pickup-group 111

label 302

name UserA

call-forward busy 888

call-forward noan 888 timeout 10

!

ephone-dn  13  dual-line

number 304 no-reg primary

label 304

name UserB

call-forward busy 888

call-forward noan 888 timeout 10

ephone-dn  55

number A801... no-reg primary

mwi off

!

!

ephone-dn  56

number A800... no-reg primary

mwi on

CUE

username UserA create

username UserB create

username UserA phonenumber "302"

username UserB phonenumber "304"

ccn application voicemail aa

description "voicemail"

enabled

maxsessions 6

script "voicebrowser.aef"

parameter "logoutUri" "http://localhost/voicemail/vxmlscripts/mbxLogout.jsp"

parameter "uri" "http://localhost/voicemail/vxmlscripts/login.vxml"

end application

ccn subsystem sip

gateway address "10.1.10.2"

dtmf-relay sip-notify

end subsystem

ccn trigger sip phonenumber 888

application "voicemail"

enabled

maxsessions 6

end trigger

voicemail callerid

voicemail default mailboxsize 1200

voicemail broadcast recording time 300

voicemail default messagesize 180

voicemail mailbox owner "UserA" size 1200

end mailbox

voicemail mailbox owner "UserB" size 1200

end mailbox

Any idea ?

3 Replies 3

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi There,

I would like to clarify a few things with you if that is ok:

• Is this a new install? if so,
  • Was CCA used to configure the system? If not,
  • Did you initialise the CUE? Either by Command line or the Web GUI?
  • What happens when you click the envelope button on the phones, or if you dial 888?
  • Do you receive the introductory announcement from the CUE attendant? (First run until the phone has created a mailbox will be "Welcome to Cisco Unity Express, Please take a moment.......")
  • What version of CUE are you using?
  • What version of CME are you using?

What ever you can answer in the most detailed way will go along way to assist you and resolving the issue.

I look forward to your next post.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

• Is this a new install? if so,

No, this is router was in use before, but now I am reconfiguring it

• Was CCA used to configure the      system? If not,

I am using the CLI.

• Did you initialise the CUE?      Either by Command line or the Web GUI?

Yes I did by CLI

• What happens when you click the      envelope button on the phones, or if you dial 888?
  • Do you receive the introductory      announcement from the CUE attendant? (First run until the phone has      created a mailbox will be "Welcome to Cisco Unity Express, Please      take a moment.......")

When I call 888 at the first time I got welcome message from Cisco Unity Express

• What version of CUE are you      using?

Software Version: 3.0.3

Voice Mail (2.3.1.0)

Auto Attendant (3.0.0.12)

Installed Plug-ins:

CUE Voicemail Language Support (3.0.0.0)

CUE Voicemail US English (3.0.0.0)

• What version of CME are you      using?

uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.124-11.XW7

Probably I should update the CUE version

Could you tell me which version I should put?

I want to do this using CLI; can you provide me documentation for this?

Thanks in advance

Hi There,

Sorry for the late reply

Probably I should update the CUE version

I am a strong advocate for always upgrading to the latest or closest to the latest, it might not always be the smartest decision but I still consider it a good decision.

Could you tell me which version I should put?

Anything in the 7.X.X series, the later you go the better they are, but you also need to make sure you have the right GUI files located on the flash card as well, make sure you download the right GUI files for that particular CUE and replace/delete the old ones with the new ones.

I want to do this using CLI; can you provide me documentation for 
this?

I don't have a document for this, but I have written it on these forums so many times I have lost count, and I still can not work out why I have not written up instructions on how to do this yet, I should one day.

This is a very quick and shroud guide, if you need more information I just might have a document done up by then.

Download the following software:

• http://support.3com.com/software/3cdv2r10.zip
  • Either the latest UC-5XX software pack or the latest CUE you want to use (Take note CUE 7.1 May require you to download a new license, if you do not want to go through all those troubles then stick with the 7.0.X series)
  • A good ZIP utility, if you are like me and like small, low resources application, then 7zip is a good application
  • Putty which I am guessing you already have

NOTE: Given the age of your CUE you will need to do a two stage upgrade, first one will need to go to 3.2 and then you can upgrade to the 7.X.X branch, do not attempt to upgrade to the latest or it will fail and you will yell, scream and curse everyone (Speaking from first hand here ).

What you will need:

• Time and a bit of it (Around the 1 to maybe 2 hours, more if you are running into small problems
  • Coffee or your favorite beverage
  • A Cool head, because if you are doing it via CLI then you are taking a huge risk
  • Above all patience (I remember Dave Harper telling me this, I couldn't stop asking if it was finished already )

What you need to do next:

• Install all applications required
  • Create a "TFTP" Directory on your hard drive, I REALLY recommend creating this on the root of your drive i.e C:/TFTP/ or D:/TFTP/ this makes life so much easier and less troublesome.
  • Create a "FTP" Directory exactly the same as above
  • Configure 3Cdamon to point to those folders respectively i.e TFTP to point to TFTP folder... and so on
  • Where you are asked to create a password and username, keep it simple, something like cisco and cisco123 is what i recommend

Before we proceed: I would prefer you reconsider doing this via CLI and honestly look at using CCA 2.2.4, it is an automated process and ontop of that it creates a backup and a restore of the CUE, when doing it manually the restores can fail, and in your case you may get a partial fail because you are upgrading to a really high version from and old one, even if it is a two stage process.

Final Checks and backups:

• Are you sure you want to do this manually? Ok..Ok if you insist
  • Log onto the Web GUI of your current CUE, click on Systems and set your FTP server details up (Remember the ones you configured in 3Cdamon?) make sure you get this right otherwise it wont work
  • Proceed to the Administration section and create a backup (If sucessfull it will put your CUE in offline mode and copy it to the FTP folder)
  • Once completed navigate to the FTP directory and right click on the folder and check its size, if is is like a few megabytes in size then something is wrong, unless on that version not much is saved when you do a backup.
  • If you want another language other then U.S.A then this is the time to download it and put it in your CUE folder that you just recently downloaded

Now the part that can make or break your system:

• Session into your CUE module
  • Type the following: software install clean ftp:///FTP/ username cisco password cisco123
  • If that was successfull then it will verify the file you have pointed it too, and again if you chose the right file it will proceed with the upgrade
  • You will see a bit of chatter on the screen, and at some stage you will get a prompt asking you what language you want to install (You can only choose one), pick the number that corresponds to the language you want (This is the audio files) and then press "x" to exit out of that.
  • The CUE will begin its upgrade process
  • DO NOT TURN OF THE POWER
  • DO NOT INTERRUPT THE UPGRADE PROCESS

I recommend walking away and making a coffee or tea right now, this process will take a while (Up too 40 minutes or even more).

NOTE: You will see a lot of "#" Symbols at one stage and the system counting upwards, this is the load process and can take quite some time to do

Final stage:

• One the upgrade is finished you will see the command line come back up and it may even ask you to initialize the system
  • Exit out and do not initialise it on the command line
  • Now make sure the new GUI files are on the card and the CME is pointing to the /gui directory
  • Browse to the new CUE GUI and log onto the system (At this stage it may be cico/cisco)
  • Initialize the system by following the onscreen instructions
  • Synchronize the CME to the CUE (In some cases your previous CUE system might be auto restored after the upgrade, in this instance the Synchronization will error out if it finds double ups)
  • After you have finished the Initialization and the Synchronization you can proceed to restore your backup
  • Go to System and check the FTP setting, input the same ones as you use last time
  • Go to Administration and point to Restore

If all goes well you should be back to normal within a couple of hours.

Hmmmm I think I just wrote up the whole process without realizing I hope I didn't miss any steps.

Good luck with it and I hope you succeed.

Cheers,

David

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: