cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

If CUE AA can work well without Voicemail user?

Jin Zhang
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I just want to confirm that if I enble AA function only in CUE,  there is not voicemail box users in CUE.  If AA can workable?  (Dial by extension)

My understanding is that I just need to creat users in CUE,  and assign extension number to the users,  don't assign voice mail to the users.  And then the caller from PSTN can reach the users throught CUE AA dial by extension.   Is my understanding correct?

If so,  how many user can be created in CUE?   only user, withou voice mail box.     I found the maximum voice mail license is 250 users for CUE.   Is it for voice mail box only?   Can I create 500 user in CUE?  250 with voice mail and 250 withou voice mail?  And all 500 users can be reached by AA (dial by extension) ?

Thanks a lot!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Zhang,

Dial by Extension has no restrictions (so you could have 500)

•The AA functionality in Cisco Unity Express is not licensed separately from the voice mail capability, so you have to purchase a voice mailbox license, even if you intend to use only the AA capability. If you plan to use only the dial-by-extension AA capability, then the smallest mailbox license (12 mailboxes) will suffice for the application. If you intend to use the dial-by-name AA capability, then review the next bullet on the maximum number of user definitions and determine the appropriate mailbox license to purchase from that information.

•If you use the Cisco Unity Express system AA (as of Cisco Unity Express 2.1) as your central AA, the default operation is to allow transfers only to local extensions (extensions associated with users defined on the system hosting the AA). To allow external transfers (including PSTN locations and extensions at other sites), configure the system AA to allow these transfers as shown in Figure 16 (set the value of the allowExternalTransfers parameter). If you plan to use the "centralized" AA scenario described in this section, it is recommended that you write a custom AA script to control which destination numbers may be allowed as transfer destinations from the AA (this is to contain possibilities of misusing your AA for toll fraud purposes).

Dial by name does have restrictions as shown below;

•If you desire the central dial-by-name configuration, also consider that the number of user definitions on Cisco Unity Express is limited. In current releases of software (up to Cisco Unity Express 2.1), this limit is twice the number of mailboxes in the license. For example, if you have a 100-mailbox Cisco Unity Express license installed on your central Cisco Unity Express system, you can enter a maximum of 200 user definitions (to support dial-by-name access).

Auto Attendant Design Considerations

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/design/design21/cueaades.html

Cheers!
Rob

Please support CSC Helps Haiti

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8895

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8727

View solution in original post

Hi Zhang,

That is most correct my friend

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jin Zhang
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone can help on this question?  

Many thanks!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Zhang,

Dial by Extension has no restrictions (so you could have 500)

•The AA functionality in Cisco Unity Express is not licensed separately from the voice mail capability, so you have to purchase a voice mailbox license, even if you intend to use only the AA capability. If you plan to use only the dial-by-extension AA capability, then the smallest mailbox license (12 mailboxes) will suffice for the application. If you intend to use the dial-by-name AA capability, then review the next bullet on the maximum number of user definitions and determine the appropriate mailbox license to purchase from that information.

•If you use the Cisco Unity Express system AA (as of Cisco Unity Express 2.1) as your central AA, the default operation is to allow transfers only to local extensions (extensions associated with users defined on the system hosting the AA). To allow external transfers (including PSTN locations and extensions at other sites), configure the system AA to allow these transfers as shown in Figure 16 (set the value of the allowExternalTransfers parameter). If you plan to use the "centralized" AA scenario described in this section, it is recommended that you write a custom AA script to control which destination numbers may be allowed as transfer destinations from the AA (this is to contain possibilities of misusing your AA for toll fraud purposes).

Dial by name does have restrictions as shown below;

•If you desire the central dial-by-name configuration, also consider that the number of user definitions on Cisco Unity Express is limited. In current releases of software (up to Cisco Unity Express 2.1), this limit is twice the number of mailboxes in the license. For example, if you have a 100-mailbox Cisco Unity Express license installed on your central Cisco Unity Express system, you can enter a maximum of 200 user definitions (to support dial-by-name access).

Auto Attendant Design Considerations

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/design/design21/cueaades.html

Cheers!
Rob

Please support CSC Helps Haiti

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8895

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8727

Dear Rob,

Thanks for your reply.

I checked the document your linked just now.   If I select "allow external transfers" in dial-by-extension.  It means the caller can reach to any end user from CUE AA even the user is not created in CUE at all, right?     This is why no user limitation, is it correct?

My cue version is 7.0.

Hi Zhang,

That is most correct my friend

Cheers!

Rob

Thank you so much!  Rob.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: