I've been spending some time now (many days) trying to repair a UC520 by reading all the posting here. Everything I read here did not help me at this time. As time is critical to me now i really need your help. I need to make a demo for a customer.
The unit is a UC520-8U-2BRI.
I went through a lot of problems which I have tried to repair by reading here. to be honest nothing helped me.
The idea is that, now I am with the compact flash formated. I have both 7.0.4 pack with CCA2.1 and 8.0.2 with CCA 2.2 (4).
1. First I put IOS file and default config and rebooted the unit (with both version mentioned above).
2. I connect with CCA and tried an upgrade (all), to have phone packages and everything. Instantly I get an error box: "Cannot retrieve CUE version". I read a lot about this problem but nothing helped me:
UC520#service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 status
Service Module is Cisco Integrated-Service-Engine0/0
Service Module supports session via TTY line 2
Service Module is failed
Service Module heartbeat-reset is enabled
Service Module status is not available
UC520#sh ip int brief
In0/0 10.1.10.2 YES TFTP up up
UC520#service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 session
Trying 10.1.10.2, 2002 ... Open
I can reach its IP Address using ping. I can connect to it. I tried also to reloaded. Nothing..the same result.
I suspect is a problem of CUE. but as i read here could not find the status above: "Service Module status is not available"
3. Before I encountered another problem, when trying to configure telephony/voice. I get a box that says: "Operation in progress/Loading Voice related data ..." and after a while a box appears that says: Error:Voice: java.lang.NullPointerException. I press ok an then the first dialog box says "Operation Completed" but i do not have any OK button. So I need to press Cancel, and so can not configure telephony.
4. I also tried Telephony Wizard. It gets stucked at 99%.
5. I even changed the Compact Flash, first i suspected it has a problem but i was not so lucky.
And now I don't know what to do anymore...
If you have any idea please share it with me . ALso if you need anyother info please let me know.
Thanks a lot,
Today at work I was called out to a job where the AIM module on a 2851 was in the same state as yours, the first thought that come to my mind "Are there any windows open I can jump out of"
In total I spent about 3 hours on it to get it back alive, it all happened because of a bad shut down, the building had a bad power outage and the generators didn't kick in, for some reason the CUE didn't boot up in normal process.
I know you have a UC-500, but i am confident you can resolve your proble, I want you to try something out for me and i know you probably allready have, but just try it again for me please.
- service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 session clear
- service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 reset
- service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 session
You should I hope see the CUE module go through its reset procedure, assuming that the operating system is still in tact and you do not have a fried CF card, and or a corrupt AIM module, the reset command should for it to reboot as such.
You should see a lot of chatter on the scree, follow this all the way through and if you can grab some screen shots for me and post them on here, as many as you can and if you have to zip them all up into one folder.
Lets see if we can get this to work for you, I aint giving up just yet