Views
Helpful
Replies

CCNP TSHOOT BOOK Complain

manitadayon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am studying for ccnp tshoot  , the book that I am using is ccnp tshoot oficial certification guide . It has alot of problems such as :

1- It does not explain materials , I gotta search in internet for everything that was not in BSCI and BCMSN  to get basic knowledge .

2- The most important reason is , I found alot of mistakes up to OSPF AND REDISTRIBUTION CHAPTER such as :

1-It says GLBP stands for global load balancing protocol , not gateway load balancing protocol

2-It says GLBP is not cisco proprietary protocol.

3- It says ospf cost is calculated by deviding 10 ^8 / bandwidth in kbs not in bit/s

So my question is what should I do , Why it is like this , I know all materials up to now  but what about those that I do not know . Can I trust on this book ?

Thanks If you help me ?

1 Reply 1

Kevin Brennan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Manie,

I havn't looked at the book you are refering to, so I can't comment specifically on it. I have found that in general, certification books published by a number of different companies will usually have a few mistakes in them.

It's a good thing that you are able to spot mistakes. Whenever I'm using those books I accept nothing untill I've seen it working (or not working) in my lab. I never just use one source for study - the odds of different publishers making the same mistakes are fairly remote.

Good luck with your study.

Kevin

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card