Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating from Business edition to CUCM 7.1

mesumbeslin
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

Due to HA issues, I wish to migrate my CM Business Edition to CUCM 7.1 so i can have a publisher/Subscriber model.

My question is, can I re-host my current BE software ,appliance license and DLU licenses to CUCM 7.1 licenses?

Can I re-use the MCS 7828 hardware as my Publisher box?

Your responses will b appreciated!

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
can I re-host my current BE software ,appliance license and DLU licenses
 to CUCM 7.1 licenses?

No, you will need to purchase CUCM node licenses and appropriate support entitlement.

Can I re-use the MCS 7828 hardware as my Publisher box?

Yes as an MCS7825 equivalent.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Just to add a note to the good tips from Jonathan (+5 "J")

This release facilitates hardware and license migration paths that allow customers who have outgrown the
capacity on the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition platform to migrate to the
standalone Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unity Connection products to enable scaling
beyond 500 users. Please refer to the Ordering Guide, available with login to Cisco Partner Central, for more
details.

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/partner/WWChannels/technology/ipc/downloads/ordering_gui
de_for_unified_CMBE.pdf

Reusing the MCS-7828 After Installing Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition

If you have installed Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition on an MCS-7828 server, and you decide that you need to migrate to separate Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unity Connection environments for increased scalability and capacity, you can reuse that MCS-7828 server to run Cisco Unified Communications Manager in a MCS-7825 cluster. Although you can reuse the server, you must reenter your data on the server manually. You must also obtain another server to run Cisco Unity Connection.

Note You cannot install Cisco Unified Communications Manager on an MCS-7828 server unless you have previously installed Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition.

To migrate from Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition to separate Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unity Connection environments, follow the steps in Table 1:

Table 1     Reusing the MCS-7828 After Installing Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition

Task
For More Information

Step 1

Order a single migration SKU (CUCM-BE-MIG). The migration SKU ships with software install media that is required to install Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unity Connection. The SKU provides a node license for the Cisco Unified Communications Manager and enables you to migrate the DLUs to Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

For ordering information, refer to the Cisco Unified Communications Solutions Ordering Guide. To access the guide, go to www.cisco.com/go/unified-techinfo, choose the appropriate solution release version, choose the Resource Library tab, choose the Ordering Guides link, and choose Ordering Guide Cisco Unified Communications Management Solutions.

Step 2

Rehost all device licenses in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager environment by sending a request to licensing@cisco.com. You must include the MAC address and proof of purchase of your devices.

Step 3

Obtain a new server for Cisco Unity Connection.

Step 4

Rehost all voice-messaging and advanced user licenses by sending an email to licensing@cisco.com. You must include the MAC address and proof of purchase of the server on which you plan to install Cisco Unity Connection.

Step 5

Install Cisco Unified Communications Manager on the MCS-7828 server.

Make sure to read this document and the related release notes before beginning the installation.

Step 6

Install Cisco Unity Connection on a new server.

Refer to the Installation Guide for Unity Connection that is located at the following URL: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6509/prod_installation_guides_list.html.

http://www.ihomealliance.net/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/install/7_1_2/cmins712.html#wp486077

Cheers!
Rob

Please support CSC Helps Haiti

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8895

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8727

This is a complete re-install though, there is no DRS for this type of migration though correct?

You might be able to get creative with the BAT configuration export/import tool to facilitate a lot of the reconfiguration.

Sorry, meant to say us BAT, but was not sure if there was a documented path from Cisco. I have never seen and was always under the impression you have to forklift it all out and either import it in or create new.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: