Authenticated messages in logs on WLC

Answered Question
Jun 8th, 2010

I have a number of WLC controllers and I have something a little odd on one them.  When I look in the trap logs on this one particular controller I do not see any Authenticated: messages.  I see DeAuthenticated: but not Authenticated:.  There are clients associated with the APs on that controller and when you walk in that area with a wireless device it seems to work.  I thought it might have something to do with the logging level but those settings look the same as the rest of them.  I don't think I am having an operational issue but it just kind of odd on the logging of messages.

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by leejohns about 6 years 5 months ago

Check the trap log controls under MANAGEMENT>SNMP>Trap Controls.  Under the client options, is 'Authentication' enabled?  usually this is off by default b/c most folks are interested in the failed ones and not the successful ones.  Plus, successful ones would fill up the logs quite quickly.

Thanks,

Lee

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
leejohns Wed, 06/23/2010 - 14:46

Check the trap log controls under MANAGEMENT>SNMP>Trap Controls.  Under the client options, is 'Authentication' enabled?  usually this is off by default b/c most folks are interested in the failed ones and not the successful ones.  Plus, successful ones would fill up the logs quite quickly.

Thanks,

Lee

mwkirk Wed, 06/23/2010 - 23:08

Yeah that was it....Thought I had looked through that stuff.

Thanks

Actions

This Discussion