cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Power Question for 2960S-TD-L

ncustodio
Level 1
Level 1

We just purchased a Cisco Catalyst 2960S-48TD-L and to my suprise the power cable on it is a 15A-250v.  In laymans terms, the end that plugs into the wall is of the twist and lock nature.  This switch is going into a colo that was not spec'd out for this style of outlet.  Can anyone recommend any work arounds?

3 Replies 3

dominic.caron
Level 5
Level 5

Simple, buy another cable meeting your spec. It's a standard connector on the switch.

Oh ok.  Normally when I buy a switch they come with the standard 3plug for the wall.  However when I saw this rounded 15a 250v plug I thought this switch might need unusual power requirements

@ncustodio - what did you?   I am now facing the same issue/surprise with newly purchased 2960s.  I wonder why exactly they chose to use the NEMA L6-20p instead of a NEMA 5-20p or a NEMA 5-15p for this switch.  It appears to run fine with a NEMA 5-15p, although I have only tested it with a single AIR-LAP1142N and a single 7985g phone.  Maybe the 240v power cord (L6-20p) is for more efficient power than would be found using a 125v power cord (5-15p).  Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card