Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Test Doc

During our build of Unity Connection 7.x I stumbled across a great section in one of the documents that covered testing procedures. While I have a pretty good set of tests to perform I'd like to find this doc again. Anyone recall which doc it might be in?

Thanks,

Brian Carscadden

3 Replies 3

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Might you be referring to this http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/troubleshooting/guide/7xcuctsgx.html?

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thanks for the reply. I'm familiar with the doc and tried browsing through again for the section. Sorry I didn't give you much to go by ... all I can remember is a page or two table of distinct tests to perform to validate various features. If that rings a bell let me know. Otherwise I'll post a follow-up when/if I find it.

Regards,

Brian Carscadden

I've been thru every doc a bunch of times so I'm curious to know which table you are referring to.  Definitely repost if you find it.  I also thought you may be talking about this...it's an excerpt from the Installation and Configuration Guide.

Test the system configuration:
a.On the publisher server, in Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability on the Cluster Management page, confirm that the publisher server has Primary status and the subscriber server has Secondary status. See the “Administering a Cisco Unity Connection Cluster” chapter of the Cluster Configuration and Administration Guide for Cisco Unity Connection.
b.On the publisher server, add a Connection user account to use as a test account. See the “Adding Cisco Unity Connection Accounts Individually” chapter of the User Moves, Adds, and Changes Guide.
c.Use the phone to log on to Connection as the test user, record a name, and set a phone password. Hang up.
d.Call Connection and log on as the test user again to confirm that the password, greeting, and conversation version specified for the user are working properly. Confirm that the user inherited the correct class of service by testing any applicable features by phone.
e.Log on to the Cisco Personal Communications Assistant (PCA) as the test user. If you gave the test user the required class-of-service rights, confirm that you can browse from the Cisco PCA Home page to the applicable web tools.
f.Make corrections to the system configuration as necessary.
g.On the subscriber server, confirm that the test user and recorded name have been replicated.
h.In Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability on the Cluster Management page, change the status of the subscriber server to Primary. See the “Manually Changing Server Status” section in the “Administering a Cisco Unity Connection Cluster” chapter of the Cluster Configuration and Administration Guide for Cisco Unity Connection.
i.Change the status of the publisher server (which should now have Secondary status) to Deactivated. See the “Manually Changing Server Status” section in the “Administering a Cisco Unity Connection Cluster” chapter of the Cluster Configuration and Administration Guide for Cisco Unity Connection.
j.Call Cisco Unity Connection and log on as the test user again to confirm that the call connects correctly to the subscriber server when it has Primary status. Confirm that the password, greeting, and conversation version specified for the user are working properly. Confirm that the user inherited the correct class of service by testing any applicable features by phone.
k.Log on to the Cisco PCA as the test user. Confirm that you can browse from the Cisco PCA Home page to the applicable web tools.
l.Make corrections to the system configuration as necessary.
m.In Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability on the Cluster Management page, activate the publisher server. See the “Manually Changing Server Status” section in the “Administering a Cisco Unity Connection Cluster” chapter of the Cluster Configuration and Administration Guide for Cisco Unity Connection.
n.Change the status of the publisher server to Primary. See the “Manually Changing Server Status” section in the “Administering a Cisco Unity Connection Cluster” chapter of the Cluster Configuration and Administration Guide for Cisco Unity Connection.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: