Views
Helpful
Replies

DBWalker Error 1207: Voice name WAV file missing

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all,

I am working on upgrading Unity 4.0.3 to Unity Connection 8.x and as part of the migration path I have to go to Unity 4.0.5 first since the COBRAS tool can only supports Unity 4.0.5 or later. As I am getting ready to install Unity 4.0.5 I ran dbWalker today on my Unity 4.0.3 box and I am getting some errors, please see below !! and I am using the latest dbWalker tool.

Majority of the errors are these:

1207:(error) Voice name WAV file missing.  Path referenced for file=D:\CommServer\Stream Files\OpeningGreetingVoiceName.wav

This one is regarding a Directory Handler

dbWalker Output

1226:(error) set to go to a missing call handler with an ObjectID={94556C57-1A20-424A-82A6-DDEEDF49E303}

This should never happen, you should contact TAC

Any ideas on how to fix these gentlemen ? Thanks in advance !!!

D.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The 1207 errors can be cleaned up by the DBWalker tool if I remember correctly - it is a flag to remove orphaned name files.

The 1226 is not a good indication of the cleanest state of the DB.  I would be curious to know how many of these you are getting - one, a few, a lot?  You can use CUDLE to lookup the DH by using the object ID as a reference in a SQL query you build in CUDLE.  From there, go to the Directory Handler in SA and walk thru the menu actions.  If there is a reference to a missing object, then it should be displayed in SA.  You can remove the object there and re-run DBWalker to ensure that no other errors are popping up.

On the flip side, you'll be doing yourself a great service to migrate to a new platform and start fresh.  Run as many of the clean up tasks with DBWalker (not just reports) as you feel comfortable with.  If you have questions, just ask.  I have a couple Unity installs in my lab so I can take a look at DBWalker for reference on things, if needed.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The 1207 errors can be cleaned up by the DBWalker tool if I remember correctly - it is a flag to remove orphaned name files.

The 1226 is not a good indication of the cleanest state of the DB.  I would be curious to know how many of these you are getting - one, a few, a lot?  You can use CUDLE to lookup the DH by using the object ID as a reference in a SQL query you build in CUDLE.  From there, go to the Directory Handler in SA and walk thru the menu actions.  If there is a reference to a missing object, then it should be displayed in SA.  You can remove the object there and re-run DBWalker to ensure that no other errors are popping up.

On the flip side, you'll be doing yourself a great service to migrate to a new platform and start fresh.  Run as many of the clean up tasks with DBWalker (not just reports) as you feel comfortable with.  If you have questions, just ask.  I have a couple Unity installs in my lab so I can take a look at DBWalker for reference on things, if needed.

Hailey

Hi David,

As always I very much appreciate help !!!

For the 1207 errors. I got quite a few those and the fix was to run DBWalker with the "Remove references to missing greeting or voice name WAV files" check box checked.

For the 1226 error. I only got one error and the fix was to run the latest version of "Audio Text Manager" and set the "Zero exit action" to something that's valid.

I can't wait to get to Unity Connection 8.x. I've heard lots of things about it. I should be on Unity 4.0.5 by end of next week and hope on Unity Connection by mid July. That's my goal.

Thanks David !!! You've been very helpful !!!

D.

No problem, my friend.  Keep the good questions coming.

Hailey