Views
Helpful
Replies

9971 Adding to Call Manager

ali nasser
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have CUCM 7.1.3. I need to add the new phone model which 9971 with camera after downloading the firmware and uploaded to TFTP of  CUCM i reset the tftp, after resetting i can't find the phone model in the phones menu.

any one can help.

thanks

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ali,

You will need 7.1(3a)su1 as a minimum release version

Cisco Unified IP Phone 8900 and 9900 Series

Before using the Cisco Unified IP Phone with Cisco Unified Communications Manager, you must install the latest firmware on all Cisco Unified Communications Manager servers in the cluster.

Note You can install Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.1(3) or 7.1(3a). After you install one of these releases, you must install Cisco Unified Communications Manager *** 7.1(3a)su1. ***

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/7_1_3/cucm-rel_notes-713a.html#wp1754557

Cheers!

Rob

HI, rob

i upgrade my cisco call manager from 7.1.(3) to 7.1.(3a)su1 i can find the phone set in the menu and the phone is working, but i have other issue i can't make a video call between the phones and i have a delay to call the other phone set.

pls advice.

regards

Ali

Hi

This seems to be a common problem:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3042007#3042007

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/2010122#2010122

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

hi,

thanks for your raply, i try the two firmware (9.0.3) and (9.0.2) and its give an error msg that the video capablility is disabled by administrator.

and under the phone enterprice parameter i can't fine the vedio capability to enable it.

what is the device pack.

thanks

Is there a video option under the 'Product Specific section of the phone configuration page in CCMADmin? Near the bottom of the page, where you have other options like CDP enable, LLDP and so on?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

HI Aaron,

I download the DEVICE PACK and installed to CUCM and everything work fine.

Just for the people who wants to know the steps.

1 - Install CUCM 7.1.(3a)SU1

2 - Install Devies Pack for CUCM to enable the video capability

3 - Enable the Cisco Camera in the set configuration

Aaron, i have a delay when i call 9971 from 9971 or any type there is a delay to call, what you advice.

thanks

Hi

You mean you have delays whenever you dial between extensions internally? And this happens to all phones?

How long is the delay? It's common to get delays if you have an overlap in the dial plan.

e.g. you have~:

ext 1234

ext 1235

ext (or route pattern, or trans pattern or anything) 12xxxx

CCM will wait to see if you dial more digits... Take a look at the Route Plan Report (Call Routing menu in CCM0 to see if there is anything like that happening.

Regards

Aaron

Please take the time to rate posts you have found useful...

Hi Aaron

I also experiencing delay when call using 9971 - SIP Phone.

When call using 7945 - SCCP Phone using this way :

1. pick up the phone -> dial extension (eg. 3333) -> wait 10s -> calling.  [this 10s delay I think is a wait time for last digit]

2. dial extension (eg.3333) -> press call -> calling without waiting 10s

When call using 9971 - SIP Phone using this way :

1. pick up the phone -> dial extension (eg. 3333) -> wait 10s -> calling. [this 10s delay I think is a wait time for last digit]

2. dial extension (eg.3333) -> press call -> wait 10s -> calling [this 10s delay I think is a wait time for last digit, but shouldn't occur because in our SCCP phone is normal]

in the trans pattern we have 3xxx and also have 3333 DN registered to CM.

Do you have any advice to solve this issue ?

Thanks

Novri

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: