Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Server Failure using CUCM

Afternoon all,

As we all know CUCM requires licenses for phones using uploaded PAK keys which have been registered on CCO which ties to the CUCM Publisher MAC address. This is all fine, however! Should the server fail and the disks be re-inserted into a new/replacement Server how would you get around the license issue, as the PAK codes would probably be lost over time. Would TAC be able to ammend this through licensing somehow?

2 Replies 2

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Carl,

Correct, you can open a TAC case to get the licenses re-homed.  I have also sent a message to licensing@cisco.com for similar requests.  The result is the same, a case gets opened with the licensing team.  You want to give yourself a decent amount of time for fulfillment.  If you can, plan to open the licensing case a week in advance.  In your case, you may not have that option as you are replacing hardware.  That's OK.  You just may need to get on the phone with the licensing team to work that out.  In my experience, it has been painless and quick.  Though, I have heard from others that your mileage may vary, which is why I suggest a 1 week contingency or a phone call to TAC if you need it ASAP.

You may also find that having information on hand will help expedite the process.  Namely, licensing likes to ask for the sales order number.  That is imprinted upon your invoice for the order.  My customers never have this, just means more chit chat with Tac.  It does help if you do have the old license file on hand though.  The license file has the original Pak noted.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks again Bill..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: