cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

X2-10GB-LX4 temperature sensor

aserov
Level 1
Level 1

Is in X2-10GB-LX4 a temperature sensor? And how to get temperature from it if X2 installed in 4948? "Show env" do not show temperature inside X2!!!

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Aserov,

I'm afraid this information is not available from IOS I've checked on a C4948 and on a C7609 and on the latter I can get temperature of each linecard but not of installed transceivers.

Clearly temperature is sensed in X2-10GB-LX4 circuitry and/or circuits are designed in such a way to deal with thermal effects but  this info is not available.

We noticed that in hot environments these kind of transceveirs are more likely to become faulty as they experience the same power in a smaller volume in comparison to bigger ones. (greater energy density)

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hello Guislar,

Thank You for answer. Over the past couple of months we have broken four transceiver.  I am looking for the couse but con not find anything clear except tepmperature. Variant type of optic fiber is already considered. We use OM3.

Thank You

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card