Views
Helpful
Replies

modem inout - for AUX ?

sblavanya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

We are standardizing on AUX port configurations for thousands of end routers.. The understanding that Im in is - incoming calls to modems on AUX port would work only if we have the "modem inout" command on the line aux.. Is that right ? My questions:

1) would the aux port on a router work without the modem inout command ? Do new versions of code have this enabled default ? (this is because i heard from my counterparts that they were able to dial without this command) ...

2) If the above is true, what are the other ways that we can identify - "show line" shows, but through CLI commands is it possible ? because we are running compliance throgh NCM now, and NCM just checks command sets / CLI , and not show outputs...

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

francisco_1
Level 7
Level 7

My understanding is the modem inout command  allows inbound & outbound calls on the modem

Francisco

Ya Francisco.. So would you say AUX port will not work without that command ? we are mainly focussing on inbound dialing, and not outbound..

See this http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk36/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094bbc.shtml

Out of interest, have to tried just using "modem Dialin"?

without the  modem inout incoming & outgoing calls will not work. To restrict to just inbound, you might have to try to above cvommand. Have you tried it?

Francisco.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: