Views
Helpful
Replies

modem inout - for AUX ?

sblavanya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

We are standardizing on AUX port configurations for thousands of end routers.. The understanding that Im in is - incoming calls to modems on AUX port would work only if we have the "modem inout" command on the line aux.. Is that right ? My questions:

1) would the aux port on a router work without the modem inout command ? Do new versions of code have this enabled default ? (this is because i heard from my counterparts that they were able to dial without this command) ...

2) If the above is true, what are the other ways that we can identify - "show line" shows, but through CLI commands is it possible ? because we are running compliance throgh NCM now, and NCM just checks command sets / CLI , and not show outputs...

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

francisco_1
Level 7
Level 7

My understanding is the modem inout command  allows inbound & outbound calls on the modem

Francisco

Ya Francisco.. So would you say AUX port will not work without that command ? we are mainly focussing on inbound dialing, and not outbound..

See this http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk36/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094bbc.shtml

Out of interest, have to tried just using "modem Dialin"?

without the  modem inout incoming & outgoing calls will not work. To restrict to just inbound, you might have to try to above cvommand. Have you tried it?

Francisco.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card