cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SFP Unsupported mode in Cisco Catalyst 3750-X?

buu
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to uplink an HP Blade Chassis to a Cisco 3750-X with SFP+ for 10Gig on each end.

I would like to use Direct Attached SFP+ cables if possible.

I already know that the HP Virtual Connect module will not accept a Cisco Direct Attached cable at the current firmware.

Cisco Nexus 5000 has a feature allowing connectivity with the HP Direct Attached cable using "unsupported" mode.

Does anyone know if the 3750-X has this feature as well?

Thanks in advance.

9 Replies 9

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

My 3750 doesn't support unsupported modules. It could be the IOS version that I have. If yours DOES support it, you'd have:

service unsupported-transceiver

You can also put:

no errdisable detect cause gbic-invalid

If it works, Cisco won't support it (obviously).

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

I would also like to mention that on the 3750x (and probably any that support this) that you need to either re-insert the modules or reload the switch for them to appear useable.

I know that not all transceivers will be supported with this, but anyone know if this should work with Finisar FCLF-8521-3 Active Copper SFP (Gigabit Ethernet) modules?   Most every other brand of switches supports these.

brijesh.saini05
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have the same issue, as due to budget issue we bought non cisco SFP modules ( GLC-EX-SMD) and GLC-FE-100LX-RGD) for our switces 2520CGS-116-8PC. Now even after running service unsupported-transceiver and errdisable detect cause gbic-invalid. I am getting still same issue

%PHY-4-SFP_NOT_SUPPORTED: The SFP in Fa0/2 is not supported.

Please help

GLC-EX-SMD is not supported with 2520CGS-116-8PC.

For GLC-FE-100LX-RGD, what IOS is your CGS running?  It should be at least 12.2(53)EX (and later).

Hi Leo,

Please note model Cisco 2520-116-8PC is typo mistake plese read it Cisco 2520-16-8PC.

My IOS version is 12.2(58)EY2.

Thanks & Regards
Brijesh Saini

And you are getting error messages, about "SFP_NOT_SUPPORTED", when you use GLC-FE-100LX-RGD?

Yes, i am getting this issue, even after using the given commands.

Contact Cisco TAC.

I'm out of ideas.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card