cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity/Domino Domain Name Change

efrazee
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Unity server integrated with a Domino message store. We are changing our domain name. The cisco documentation I have found says that you have to rebuild Unity when moving to a new domain. We aren't moving to a new domain just changing the name. Credentials, SID's, QID's are all staying the same we are just changing the domain name. Does anyone know if I will have to rebuild unity given this change or can I simply change the domain name on the unity box?

Thank you in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Java is correct here.  I understand that your reaction may be that you can rename a domain and then just reboot member computers twice for the changes to take effect; however, Unity is not a standard member computer.  The AD information is not just membership info for the server but part of data that is propagated into SQL and etc.  So, you will need to rebuild because essentially this, to Unity, is the same as moving the server to a new domain.  You can use the following guide to step thru the process:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/upgrade/guide/ex/5xcuruge080.html

The key is to make sure you get a DiRT backup and then rebuild to the exact same version of Unity including ES, patches, etc.  Then you'll be able to complete the procedures and restore the system via DiRT restore.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You still need to rebuild to do this.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Java is correct here.  I understand that your reaction may be that you can rename a domain and then just reboot member computers twice for the changes to take effect; however, Unity is not a standard member computer.  The AD information is not just membership info for the server but part of data that is propagated into SQL and etc.  So, you will need to rebuild because essentially this, to Unity, is the same as moving the server to a new domain.  You can use the following guide to step thru the process:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/upgrade/guide/ex/5xcuruge080.html

The key is to make sure you get a DiRT backup and then rebuild to the exact same version of Unity including ES, patches, etc.  Then you'll be able to complete the procedures and restore the system via DiRT restore.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thank you for the reply. it was extremely helpful. One question for you will the DIRT back

get the message store too?

Thank you

For Domino, I believe the answer is no.  See here: http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/Unity/DIRT/Help/index.html

Hailey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: