FAX config on 2811??

Answered Question
Jun 9th, 2010
User Badges:

I have a 2811 VGW registered to CUCM 7.02, is it an H.323 gateway.  Local PSTN is coming in on a PRI circuit connected to the VIC-2TMFT-T1/E1.  One of the inbound numbers on that PRI is a fax number (5551236789) that I need to port out of the FXS card (voice-port 0/2/0) to the fax machine.  Also need to allow for outbound fax sending.

Would someone mind posting sample config that will help me understand and accomplish this?  I find plenty of examples, but don't completely understand what is pertinent for creating both inbound/outbound config.

!

dial-peer voice 21 pots

description Fax

destination-pattern 5551236789

port 0/0/0:23

forward-digits 0

codec g711ulaw

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback cisco

fax rate voice

!

!

voice-port 0/2/0

translation-profile incoming Fax

description Fax

!

Regards,

Jason

Correct Answer by Jonathan Schulenberg about 6 years 11 months ago

First, your incoming dial peer should cover all incoming calls on the PRI and include the direct-inward-dial command. This will cover you for the inbound call leg. The outbound dial peer could look something like this:

dial-peer voice 21 pots

description Fax

destination-pattern 5551236789 <-- This assumes that the provider is sending you 10 digits on the PRI.

incoming called-number . <-- This is used to match this as an incoming dial peer for outbound faxes.

voice-port 0/2/0

codec g711ulaw  <-- used for passthrough

fax rate voice <-- used for passthrough

fax protocol t38  ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback cisco <--used for fax relay

You do not need both the passthrough or relay commands. I would recommend just using the relay command.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
paolo bevilacqua Wed, 06/09/2010 - 14:56
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

You don't need any fax commands for that.

Just configure the DP with the right numbers, and that's all.

Correct Answer
Jonathan Schulenberg Thu, 06/10/2010 - 03:59
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

First, your incoming dial peer should cover all incoming calls on the PRI and include the direct-inward-dial command. This will cover you for the inbound call leg. The outbound dial peer could look something like this:

dial-peer voice 21 pots

description Fax

destination-pattern 5551236789 <-- This assumes that the provider is sending you 10 digits on the PRI.

incoming called-number . <-- This is used to match this as an incoming dial peer for outbound faxes.

voice-port 0/2/0

codec g711ulaw  <-- used for passthrough

fax rate voice <-- used for passthrough

fax protocol t38  ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback cisco <--used for fax relay

You do not need both the passthrough or relay commands. I would recommend just using the relay command.

Actions

This Discussion