anyone knows if there is a configuration of a Cisco Router with voice functionalities to act as a SIP phone?
A customer's scenario is the following:
- the customer has no.5 SIP phone
- each phone has its own number registered to an external SIP provider
- external SIP provider can't establish a trunk SIP with customer router that is a Cisco 2821 with voice functionalities
I am wondering if a Cisco 2821 router could do the following:
- register IP phones on router (with SIP or SCCP)
- register SIP lines provided by the external VoIP provider directly from router
- route the calls from ip phones to SIP PBX of my provider through Cisco 2821 based on some policies defined on the router without configuring a SIP Trunk.
In this way the router behaves, in the VoIP world, similarly when running NAT for IP address.
Is it possible?
thx in advance