Helpful
Replies

Forwarding calls from CME to mobile with the original caller id

Dennis Beul
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm looking for a solution / commands for the following scenario:

I have a CUCME 7.1 running on a Cisco 2821 with some 7960G phones connected.

On my phone, I receive emergency support calls (incoming from PSTN/ISDN to the CME over a BRI interface), which I forward to my mobile phone during the weekends.

This works so far, but when a call is forwarded, the number / caller ID I see on my mobile phone is the CME PSTN number (which makes sense, because the calls are forwarded back through the BRI interface to PSTN and so to my mobile).

For example: If someone with the caller id 123456 calls the emergency number 5000 on weekend, the call is forwarded to my mobile phone, but I don't see the ORIGINAL caller id 123456 on my mobile screen, but the caller id 5000 (the number of the CME).

Is it possible that the original caller id (123456 in the example) remains in the forwarded call, so that I could identify the real source of the call on my mobile?

Any help or hint would be appreciated. Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is normal, and there is no way to change it.

Telco does not allow to place calls with an arbitrary caller ID, otherwise anyone would be able to pretend they are somebody else when calling.

If you want to see the original caller ID, configure call forwarding at telco level, not CME level.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is normal, and there is no way to change it.

Telco does not allow to place calls with an arbitrary caller ID, otherwise anyone would be able to pretend they are somebody else when calling.

If you want to see the original caller ID, configure call forwarding at telco level, not CME level.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: