cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 DFM-all devices QUESTIONED-SNMP Timeout

kmong
Level 1
Level 1

I imported 26 devices to DFM. All devices became QUESTIONED, error is SNMP timeout. Here are the troubleshooting steps that I tried:

1. rediscovered devices

2. deleted and rediscovered devices

3. increase snmp timeout settings

4.re-entered snmp strings in device credentials

But I still get the same result.I noticed that devices become questioned so fast.Any advise on this?

4 Replies 4

wandonrocha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

What version of SNMP you are using on these 26 devices ?Try to do the following:

- Go to Device Center

- Select one device for test

- click on "check device credentials", select SNMP according to the version you are using.

- See the results.

May be you get more technical and detailed information about the SNMP timeout error. I have already experienced some problems using SNMP v3. The problem was resolved when I configured the SNMP v2c instead of v3.

Also, I suggest you to try do "SNMP walk" test in the Device Center. If you get some results reading, for example, the value of "sysObjectId", just verify the Credentials Settings in DCR. You can edit the Credentials trhough the Device Center -> Edit device credentials.

Regards,

Wando N. Rocha

We are using only snmp v2.I have already checked the device credentials but I still get the same result.

Hi,

I suggest you to do a "SNMP walk" test (through Device Center), trying to get the value of the "sysObjectId" and enable the "debug snmp" on the device console. So, through the device terminal, you will see if the device is reacheable by SNMP and why it is not responding to the DFM.

By the way, are these devices supported by DFM? What device model we are talking about? What is the IOS version?

Regards,

Wando

What value should i see? I have checked all the devices and it is supported by DFM 3.2

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: