Views
Helpful
Replies

Is 7942G supported at CCM 4.1?

brunstadnett
Level 1
Level 1

Hei guys!

I've bought a 7942G without license (because on 4.1 the license is on the server).

When I plug it in, it gets an IP and everything looks normal.

The odd thing here is that when I go to Route Plan > Route Plan Report and searches for the self assigned number on the phone ("4702") nothing appears. This also happens when I search for the Mac-address under the meny Device > Phone. FYI the Mac-address vendor ciphers is 1C17D3xxxxxx.

Any suggestions why the new phone won't appear in my Callmanager??

Is it not supported?

11 Replies 11

brunstadnett
Level 1
Level 1

Note: When it is booted it says: "Registration Rejected: Error DBCo..."

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

7942G Call Control Compatibility

Supported in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Versions 4.1(3)sr5b, 4.2(3)sr2b, 4.3(1), 5.1.1(b), 5.1(2), 6.0(1) and greater

Supported in Cisco Unified Communications Express and SRST Version 4.1

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7942G

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/ps8535/product_data_sheet0900aecd8069bb68.html

I always find the Data Sheets to be the most accurate.

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS:The registration rejected error usually means that the phone has not been configured in CCM

Thank you for quick answer!!

You have any idea why it can't be found in CCM?

I bought this one: CP-7942G=

"Cisco Unified IP Phone 7942G, spare"

The phone has no Mac and serial label on the rear. Does it has something to do with that it's a spare?

The 7942G is not listed in CCM under Device Defaults Configuration.

Any one knows where to check wether your CCM is 4.1(x) or wich subverison I got eg. 4.1(3)sr5b?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

You are most welcome

To find out what version you are running;

Click on Help (upper right hand corner)

Click on About Cisco Unified Callmanager (for 4.x)

This should tell you all the required info.

If you don't find the 7942 (or any model for that matter) under

the Device Defaults this means the phone model is not supported

on your version without either a version (SR) or device pack upgrade.

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks, I discovered that I got version: 4.1(3)sr2

It was written that the 7942G was supported in  Versions 4.1(3)sr5b. Do I then have to upgrade it to sr5b? What is that sr5b? Is it a subversion or is it version (SR) or device pack upgrade?

I've looked at Cisco trying to find the upgrade I need, but I'm not sure what I need. Could you quick take a look at this for me?

You are the best! (fact)

SR5b is one of the many CCM application service releases in the 4.1(3) train of code.  The base version you are on is 4.1(3).  You already have one SR loaded which is SR2.  If you go to the downloads pages for Voice and Video on CCM and access the IP Telephony / Call Control menu.  You would choose your version, 4.1, and then this would be a CCM update.  Since 4.1 is EoS/EoL, it's probably best if you read the release notes for the last SR (there are many after SR5b) and install the most recent update.  Updates for 4.1 are no longer being developed.

Hailey

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi There,

This is a SR upgrade not a Device pack

I would go with the last 4.1(3) SR to get the most bang for your buck (so to speak)

Tools & Resources> Download Software> Voice and Unified Communications> IP Telephony> Call Control>
Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)> Cisco Unified CallManager Version 4.1>
CallManager (Unified CM) Updates> 4.1(3)SR8a.

For this Service Release, Cisco supports upgrades from any Cisco Unified CallManager 4.1(3) release up to 4.1(3)ES144.

Installation Instructions:
The following procedure provides details about how to install Cisco Unified CallManager 4.1(3)SR8a.
Note: Cisco recommends that you apply this Service Release during a maintenance window.
Note: It is very important to disable platform agents and services, such as NetIQ and Prognosis performance monitoring, antivirus (such as Cisco-verified McAfee services or other Cisco-verified AV products) and intrusion detection software, remote management services, and any other monitoring applications that automatically restart services; this action ensures that your system does not encounter issues that are associated with these services.
T
his Service Release upgrades the affected services and files and then it restarts the server when the upgrade has completed successfully.

Apply this Service Release to all of your Cisco Unified CallManager servers, beginning with the publisher server and TFTP server.

Installation Procedure
Note: To verify that the installation completed successfully, follow the instructions in Step 6 below.
Perform the following procedure to install Cisco Unified CallManager 4.1(3)SR8a:
1. From the Voice Software Download Center, navigate to Cisco Unified CallManager version 4.1 and locate the ciscocm.4-1-3-SR8a.exe file; then, follow the instructions to download the file.
2. Transfer the file to each CallManager node in the cluster.
3. Double-click the ciscocm.4-1-3-SR8a.exe executable file to begin the installation as noted below:
4. Cisco recommends that you upgrade all servers in the cluster sequentially, to the same version of Cisco Unified CallManager software; otherwise call-processing interruptions may occur:
a. Begin with the publisher server
b. Followed by the TFTP server
c. Followed by the sequential upgrade of the backup servers
d. Finally, the sequential upgrade of the primary servers
5. Click Next when the installation process displays a message that asks if you want to install this SR. The remainder of the installation process continues without any additional user input. The system displays a message when the installation is complete.
6. Verify that the installation completed successfully by taking the following actions:
a. Click Yes when the system prompts you to view the log file.
b. Scroll down to the end of the log file; if errors occurred during the installation, the errors section at the bottom of the log file will be updated with a corresponding severity.
7. If any of the Client Plugins have a lower version than those included in this SR, perform the following:
After you have rebooted the server and completed the upgrade on all servers in the cluster, go to Cisco Unified CallManager Administration on any client machines (i.e. JTAPI, RTMT Client, etc.), navigate to the Application > Install Plugins menu. Choose the applicable plug-in, run the program from its current location, and follow the installation instructions that the system displays.
8. The system may create or edit the following log files during the installation or uninstallation process:
c:\program files\common files\cisco\logs\CCMPatch\Cisco CallManager 4.1(3)SR8a Installation YYYY-MM-DD HH.mm.log (this file is also accessible by navigating to the Start menu shortcut "Cisco Install Logs" under the CCMPatch folder)
c:\install\dbinstall\dbinstallXXX.txt
c:\program files\common files\cisco\logs\CCMPatch\sqlX.txt
c:\program files\common files\cisco\logs\history.log

Note: This Service Release can take up to 20 minutes to complete the installation.

Cisco Unified CallManager Release
4.1(3) Service Release 8a

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074220/23393/ciscocm.4-1-3-sr8a-Readme.pdf

Cheers!
Rob

Thanks for a perfect reply Rob!

I'll try this in our maintance window tonight!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

You are most welcome my friend

Cheers!

Rob

Do I have to install the ciscocm.4-1-3-sr8a.exe on both servers? I Have a subscriber and a publisher.

Hi there,

Yes

Apply this Service Release to all of your Cisco Unified CallManager servers

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: