cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer AA to DN

Bruno Rangel
Spotlight
Spotlight

I need the connection and when answered by the AA have the option to dial the extension number.
For this necessarily needs to be configured in the users Unity Connection?
If I did not configure how the call will be treated?

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming you have CUC 7.X just check this:

Edit Greeting
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/gui_reference/guide/7xcucgrg010.html#wp1064962

Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers—

Check this check box to allow callers to transfer to extensions that are not assigned to other users or call handlers.
Connection attempts a release transfer as long as the number entered by the caller is allowed by the Default System Transfer restriction table.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Ok, so I set up a config in my lab to test what may at fault here for you.  Since you are using Unity Connection, you do have the ability to configure Connection-specific Partitions and Calling Search Spaces.  In other words, the concept and components to create a multi-tenant dial plan are built into the system.  If you don't have these objects configured properly, it will cause issues with various functions including caller system transfer.  So, let's start with a few questions regarding your configuration.

1) Open Dial Plan > Partitions.  You will have at least 1 default partition typically named Partition where is the host name of the Unity Connection server.  If you only have the default partition, then you can just confirm (i.e., don't need the name of the partition).  If you have other partitions that you have created, then list each one by name.

2) Open Dial Plan > Search Spaces.  You will have at least 1 default search space.  Like the default partition, it will be named as Search Space.  If you only have the default partition, then you can just confirm.  If you have other search spaces that you have created, then list each one by name.  In addition, please provide the following information for all search spaces (including the default):

- Within the configuration for each search space, please list the partitions selected in the "Assigned Partitions" field.

3) Open System Settings > General Configuration.  Please list the name of the partition specified as the "Default Partition" as well as the search space specified as the "Default Search Scope".

4) Take a look at the User configuration for some of the users you have tried transfer to and failed.  From the Edit User Basics configuration page, list the name of the partition and the search space configured for the user.

5) Open System Settings > Restriction Tables.  If you are using the default restriction tables, open the "Default System Transfer" table.  Please verify that the last entry (order 4, by default) has the "Blocked" box UNCHECKED and the pattern listed is a single wildcard (star, *).  If you have created custom restriction tables, you need to ensure that you are allowing either a similar configuration (*) or a sufficient pattern for callers to enter digits and have Unity Connection match upon (ex: ????* would mean callers have to enter at least 4 digits for a match to occur).  It would also be prudent to take a look at the Default Transfer table and verify it is configured in the same manner.  For end users, this restriction table (Default Transfer) is set as the default for Transfers in the default Class of Service configurations (and when creating new CoS in CUC).

6) Open System Call Handlers and select the AA in question.  On the Edit Call Handler basics page, please indicate how the Search Scope is configured.  By default, it should be set to "Inherit Search Space from Call".  If it has been configured to a specific Search Space, please indicate the name of the search space.

Once I get some info regarding your config, I can determine whether the dial plan with CUC is potentially causing the issues you are experiencing.
Hailey
Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming you have CUC 7.X just check this:

Edit Greeting
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/gui_reference/guide/7xcucgrg010.html#wp1064962

Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers—

Check this check box to allow callers to transfer to extensions that are not assigned to other users or call handlers.
Connection attempts a release transfer as long as the number entered by the caller is allowed by the Default System Transfer restriction table.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In your Call Handler, you need to allow users to dial an extension during the greeting.  From there, you need to make sure your transfer restriction tables allow system transfers.  It's also typically best to provide a direct option off of the AA (e.g., to dial by name press 5) and send that caller input option to a Directory Handler whose scope is set as a distribution list of specific users, the entire server, etc...based on requirement.

Hailey

I checked my Call  Handler is enabled, the option "Allow Transfers to Numbers Not  Associated with Users or Call Handlers"

But  when I call the number of AA (29198XXX), I attended and I get the  message "Enter the extension number or 1 for Sales, 2 for financial, etc  ...
Everything works normally.

However if I type the number 8xx1, my extension I  receive the message "This is not a valid input"

If the user manually configure the UC, but works normally  spends a license and not have license for only 400 branches to 200.
And when I import these users in AD, they appear not  only the extension number the user.
Where do I  check this part of transfer restriction, my Call Handler works normally  when I type any transfer option when the user manually configured

Any suggestion will be appreciated

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

Ok, so I set up a config in my lab to test what may at fault here for you.  Since you are using Unity Connection, you do have the ability to configure Connection-specific Partitions and Calling Search Spaces.  In other words, the concept and components to create a multi-tenant dial plan are built into the system.  If you don't have these objects configured properly, it will cause issues with various functions including caller system transfer.  So, let's start with a few questions regarding your configuration.

1) Open Dial Plan > Partitions.  You will have at least 1 default partition typically named Partition where is the host name of the Unity Connection server.  If you only have the default partition, then you can just confirm (i.e., don't need the name of the partition).  If you have other partitions that you have created, then list each one by name.

2) Open Dial Plan > Search Spaces.  You will have at least 1 default search space.  Like the default partition, it will be named as Search Space.  If you only have the default partition, then you can just confirm.  If you have other search spaces that you have created, then list each one by name.  In addition, please provide the following information for all search spaces (including the default):

- Within the configuration for each search space, please list the partitions selected in the "Assigned Partitions" field.

3) Open System Settings > General Configuration.  Please list the name of the partition specified as the "Default Partition" as well as the search space specified as the "Default Search Scope".

4) Take a look at the User configuration for some of the users you have tried transfer to and failed.  From the Edit User Basics configuration page, list the name of the partition and the search space configured for the user.

5) Open System Settings > Restriction Tables.  If you are using the default restriction tables, open the "Default System Transfer" table.  Please verify that the last entry (order 4, by default) has the "Blocked" box UNCHECKED and the pattern listed is a single wildcard (star, *).  If you have created custom restriction tables, you need to ensure that you are allowing either a similar configuration (*) or a sufficient pattern for callers to enter digits and have Unity Connection match upon (ex: ????* would mean callers have to enter at least 4 digits for a match to occur).  It would also be prudent to take a look at the Default Transfer table and verify it is configured in the same manner.  For end users, this restriction table (Default Transfer) is set as the default for Transfers in the default Class of Service configurations (and when creating new CoS in CUC).

6) Open System Call Handlers and select the AA in question.  On the Edit Call Handler basics page, please indicate how the Search Scope is configured.  By default, it should be set to "Inherit Search Space from Call".  If it has been configured to a specific Search Space, please indicate the name of the search space.

Once I get some info regarding your config, I can determine whether the dial plan with CUC is potentially causing the issues you are experiencing.
Hailey
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: