cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

bgp stale route

dvanzee
Level 2
Level 2

I moved a network from one  EBGP (redistributed from EIGRP)peer (65400) to another Peer (65200) (redistributed from EIGRP). However the new EBGP peer  (65200)is still showing "known via BGP 65400" not via EIGRP like I would expect. In addition, other AS know this network via BGP 65400,  all advertisement of this network has been removed. What should I do to clear this old config?

3 Replies 3

francisco_1
Level 7
Level 7

The BGP route from External peer is prefered over EIGRP routes redistributed because of the origin. The EIGRP routes redistributed origin will appear as incomplete (less prefered) because of redistrubution while the EBGP from other AS will appear as IGP more preffered

Francisco,

You can request a route fresh by using clear ip bgp * soft

vishwancc
Level 3
Level 3

Hi ,

You could check if the route is still there in the BGP table and the BGP router is advertising that route.

show ip bgp

and show ip bgp neighbor x.x.x.x advertise-route if its still there in the output which i guess it will be ,

do soft reset as suggest bt Francisco.

Chao

Vishwa

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco