Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity DIRT backups and Message Store

efrazee
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am changing my domain and therefore will be rebuilding my Unity server. My question is I need to back up my message store as well will DIRT backup my message store or do I need to use a second tool for the message store?

Thank you

2 Replies 2

SHAIHAN JAFFREY
Level 1
Level 1

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/Unity/DIRT/DIRT.html - these videos will help you.

HTH

Regards,

Shaihan

You can use DiRT to backup the message store but the use of that tool for doing so is only intended for a limited scale.  The DiRT mailstore backup option is  supported for backing up your Exchange message store only in the  following situations:

1. A one-time migration (any number  of users/mailboxes)

2. Regular or periodic mailstore  backup of smaller systems (200 users or less).

Except as noted with one-time  migrations Cisco does not support the use of DiRT as a replacement for  regular/periodic mailstore backups of your Exchange system.  Mor  migration purposes it will work on any configuration but the space  needed for message backup can be very large (i.e. much larger than the  size of the Exchange PRIV.EDB file) so proceed with caution.

Your other option would be to use COBRAS; however, you need to be on version 4.0(5) or higher.

For what you are doing, I'd say you should be good to use DiRT if that's what you're more comfortable with.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: