cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

formating 2900 config

nate faulds
Level 1
Level 1

i couldnt find a page that told me how to do this, i wish to format the config on my flash. If you cant just format the config file i will format all of flash but someone will need to help me with that to (just to know what to do so i dont screw it up).

Links can always help if found, Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You didn't really specify what model. 2900 is not a model , there is 2950,2940,2970,2924xl etc..  I'll go on the assumption it is something like a 2924xl.If thats not your model then just go to the main cisco webpage and search "corrupted IOS recovery " .  The search function on the main page is your friend .You can find almost anything there.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps607/products_tech_note09186a0080094955.shtml

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

nate faulds
Level 1
Level 1

accidently formatted all of my flash.....any way i can upload the .bin file i grabbed before i re-formatted??

i use hyper terminal

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

If you want to erase the vlan information from the flash , you can just type:

erase flash: vlan.dat

HTH

Mohamed

well....i just formatted all of my flash, soo..is there a way i can reupload the IOS/ Cat OS file?

its in "switch:" mode

You should not format the flash.  Now the IOS is deleted and you need to download it from Cisco.com and loaded it to the switch.  You need to have a CCO account to be able to download it.

i have an account and i did download the IOS/Cat OS, i just need to know how i can put the file back onto the router so it works

You didn't really specify what model. 2900 is not a model , there is 2950,2940,2970,2924xl etc..  I'll go on the assumption it is something like a 2924xl.If thats not your model then just go to the main cisco webpage and search "corrupted IOS recovery " .  The search function on the main page is your friend .You can find almost anything there.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps607/products_tech_note09186a0080094955.shtml

a 2924xl is correct, im testing this out now

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card