cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

formating 2900 config

nate faulds
Level 1
Level 1

i couldnt find a page that told me how to do this, i wish to format the config on my flash. If you cant just format the config file i will format all of flash but someone will need to help me with that to (just to know what to do so i dont screw it up).

Links can always help if found, Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You didn't really specify what model. 2900 is not a model , there is 2950,2940,2970,2924xl etc..  I'll go on the assumption it is something like a 2924xl.If thats not your model then just go to the main cisco webpage and search "corrupted IOS recovery " .  The search function on the main page is your friend .You can find almost anything there.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps607/products_tech_note09186a0080094955.shtml

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

nate faulds
Level 1
Level 1

accidently formatted all of my flash.....any way i can upload the .bin file i grabbed before i re-formatted??

i use hyper terminal

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

If you want to erase the vlan information from the flash , you can just type:

erase flash: vlan.dat

HTH

Mohamed

well....i just formatted all of my flash, soo..is there a way i can reupload the IOS/ Cat OS file?

its in "switch:" mode

You should not format the flash.  Now the IOS is deleted and you need to download it from Cisco.com and loaded it to the switch.  You need to have a CCO account to be able to download it.

i have an account and i did download the IOS/Cat OS, i just need to know how i can put the file back onto the router so it works

You didn't really specify what model. 2900 is not a model , there is 2950,2940,2970,2924xl etc..  I'll go on the assumption it is something like a 2924xl.If thats not your model then just go to the main cisco webpage and search "corrupted IOS recovery " .  The search function on the main page is your friend .You can find almost anything there.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps607/products_tech_note09186a0080094955.shtml

a 2924xl is correct, im testing this out now

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card