cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Service Policy

fasteddye
Level 1
Level 1

I noticed that on one of our 3750 switches we have both the mls qos trust cos and service-policy input AutoQoS-Police-CiscoPhone command on all the interfaces.  I believe the macro apply cisco-phone may have put both of these commands on each interface.  We do not use any policy maps on interfaces.  Should the service-policy command be removed from the interfaces?  Will having both the mls qos trust cos and service-policy commands on an interface cause any problems?

3 Replies 3

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Without QoS  policy applied Inbound and outbound, these commands would have no affect.

HTH

Mohamed

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I noticed that on one of our 3750 switches we have both the mls qos trust cos and service-policy input AutoQoS-Police-CiscoPhone
command on all the interfaces.  I believe the macro apply cisco-phone
may have put both of these commands on each interface.  We do not use
any policy maps on interfaces.  Should the service-policy command be
removed from the interfaces?  Will having both the mls qos trust cos
and service-policy commands on an interface cause any problems?

Hi,

To attach a policy map to an interface, use the service-policy input command.

service-policy input policy-map name

If you entered the auto qos voip cisco-phone command, the switch automatically creates class maps and policy maps

Switch(config-if)# service-policy input AutoQoS-Police-CiscoPhone
After creating the class maps and policy maps, the switch automatically applies the policy map named AutoQoS-Police-CiscoPhone to an ingress interface on which auto-QoS with the Cisco Phone feature is enabled.

mls qos trust cos command is Interface configuration command for trusting when a Cisco Phone is learned via CDP on the respective interface; works in conjunction with the mls qos trust dscp and mls qos trust cos commands

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remembe to rate the helpful post

Hitesh Vinzoda
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,,

Should the service-policy command be removed from the interfaces?

As you said if you organisation doesnt require service-policy, you can remove it

Will having both the mls qos trust cos and service-policy commands on an interface cause any problems?

No, as mls qost trust cos is only trusting the COS received on the interface and, Service policy is applying what is configured under the policy map

HTH

Hitesh Vinzoda

Pls rate useful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card