cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAM licensing issue

j.muozmellado
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys, I ´ve tried to add CAS server into a CAM but I got an error that says

Failed to add server: Maximum limit for Clean Access  Servers supported has been reached

but the CAM has a super manager License present along with a Manager Failover License. This license was sent to me by Cisco

Product Name                   : NACMGR-40FB-K9
Product Description            : NAC Appliance 3390 Manager Failover Bundle -max 40 Servers

what could be wrong ??  Thanks for the help..

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi muozmellado,

To add the CAS into the CAM you have to have CAS license. for CAS license you have to request with Product Authorization Key (PAK) which is comes with CAS. During this process you have to provide both CAM (primary and secondary) mac address. once you get the CAS license install this license into cam and try do add CAS into the CAM.

Thank you

View solution in original post

Hi,

To expand on what Laxman said, even though you have a 3390 that CAN manage 40 CASs, for each CAS you want to add to the CAM, you will first need to add a CAS license to the CAM. Whenever you go to the licensing page to generate a CAS license, ALWAYS use the CAM's eth0 address, since licensing is all based on the CAM. Once you get a license for the CAS using the PAK that comes with each CAS, add it to CAM, and then you should be able to add the CAS to the CAM.

HTH,

Faisal

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

j.muozmellado
Level 1
Level 1

I don´t have any CAS added to this CAM, that is the wired thing...do I need to enable something else into the CAM to make it work out ??? I thought that it was enought with the license file....Thanks

Hi muozmellado,

To add the CAS into the CAM you have to have CAS license. for CAS license you have to request with Product Authorization Key (PAK) which is comes with CAS. During this process you have to provide both CAM (primary and secondary) mac address. once you get the CAS license install this license into cam and try do add CAS into the CAM.

Thank you

Hi Laxman:

Thanks for your help...I did what you mentioned before, and it worked out.

Hi,

To expand on what Laxman said, even though you have a 3390 that CAN manage 40 CASs, for each CAS you want to add to the CAM, you will first need to add a CAS license to the CAM. Whenever you go to the licensing page to generate a CAS license, ALWAYS use the CAM's eth0 address, since licensing is all based on the CAM. Once you get a license for the CAS using the PAK that comes with each CAS, add it to CAM, and then you should be able to add the CAS to the CAM.

HTH,

Faisal

Hello Faisal:

Thanks for the comments...it was so helpfull.. thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: