Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing Calling number on redirects

rynard.coetzee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Hope anyone can help me on this ,problem i have is that we are using Nortel Voicemail system with our CUCM 7 cluster ,when you forward your Cisco phone to voicemail you get the main welcome message of the Nortel VM instead of your personal VM ,now it seems that the problem is when the Cisco forwards the call to the VM pilot it sends the original calling party number and not the number that`s forwarding the call ,so the Nortel does not recognize the number as a valid extension.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, never forget to bounce the MGCP process even for any small change to take effect. Just issue a 'no mgcp' and right after 'mgcp' to take effect the change.

Again, you don't need to put both of them, if your remote site is calling through PRI at MGCP then you will need that 'inbound' option on that PRI and for going out the redirected number you will need 'outbound' option on the QSIG PRI, both PRI should not be the same, right?

HTH.

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi, are you trying dialing from remote site (i.e. SRST site)? or pressing the phone message button and getting general mailbox greeting instead of personal?

If you are trying from SRST/remote site, then you have to configure something on CUCM (for MGCP gateway)/H.323 gateway voice serial interface. If you are trying from home site and after pressing message button you are getting the general mailbox greeting then check from Nortel VM server if you have configured the user profile correctly, CUCM has nothing to do for this.

HTH.

Hi ,yes i am dialling from remote site ,MGCP gateway. I have QSIG trunk from my Cisco MGCP gateway to the Nortel system.

OK, that's clear now.

Select the option on 'Redirecting Number IE Delivery - outbound' under 'PRI Protocol Type Specific Information' under your QSIG PRI configuration.

Again, if your remote site is sending calls through PRI as well (not over IP), you will also need to configure 'Redirecting Number IE Delivery - inbound' under that PRI config.

HTH.

Please help helpful posts!

I have ticked those boxes under the PRI config in CUCM ,but i think i might need to reload MGCP on the gateway for it to take effect. SO those are the only config changes needed for this ?

Hi, never forget to bounce the MGCP process even for any small change to take effect. Just issue a 'no mgcp' and right after 'mgcp' to take effect the change.

Again, you don't need to put both of them, if your remote site is calling through PRI at MGCP then you will need that 'inbound' option on that PRI and for going out the redirected number you will need 'outbound' option on the QSIG PRI, both PRI should not be the same, right?

HTH.

Please rate helpful posts!

Thanks for the reply ,i will have to wait for after hours before bouncing the MGCP ,i will then be able to test

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: