cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM OS directory/file system question

mmendonca
Level 1
Level 1

I've been rumaging around the internet this forum and Cisco's web site looking for a guide to the file structure of the CUCM OS from the CLI.  I haven't really found much.  Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places or in the right way.  In particular what is the location of the files created by the BAT Phones reports or any other reports for that matter that are created from BAT?  What I'd like to do is automate a file transfer of these files, tftp or ftp. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The files generated by the BAT reports tool (and other BAT functions) are not accessible from the CLI.  The "file" utility exposed in the CLI is focused on log files in the /var/log/ directory (which you don't have direct access to).  But, to answer your question, the files for reports would be stored here on the OS files system:

/common/bps/csvfiles/phones/report/

Though, there isn't a way (at least that I found) where you can access these files without bypassing the CLI shell.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The files generated by the BAT reports tool (and other BAT functions) are not accessible from the CLI.  The "file" utility exposed in the CLI is focused on log files in the /var/log/ directory (which you don't have direct access to).  But, to answer your question, the files for reports would be stored here on the OS files system:

/common/bps/csvfiles/phones/report/

Though, there isn't a way (at least that I found) where you can access these files without bypassing the CLI shell.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

Thanks for the reply Bill.

Not the answer I wanted to hear.  I can't understand why you can't access these files if they're just CSV files. When they are transferred from the CUCM GUI get files menu are they being converted before they get to their destination?  RTMT also transfers files as text files.  Guess I'm baffled at this point.

Where can I find more data to gain a better understanding of how it is all put together?

Mark

Mark,

I understand.  The files are stored as text files.  The restrictions applied to the CLI are not based on file type as much as they are based on file location.  I haven't checked all of these as I am just picking up the underlying paths as they cross my radar.  Thus far, all of the files I see from the CLI "file" utility are in the /var/log/ directory.  So, I don't believe any file conversion is occurring.  The CLI doesn't expose those directories.  Of course, when working with Tac they have a way to bypass the appliance OS shell and get to the root file system.  But that is a different thing altogether.

It would be nice if RTMT to could collect those reports like it can log files/trace files/etc.  You can schedule collections via RTMT which is pretty handy.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Sounds like this the direction I need to go:

I knew when I started working with Cisco CallManager that learning the database schema would be a critical factor in being successful in designing, installing, supporting, and maintaining a CM deployment.  It gives you a richer understanding of how things are connected and you will be able to get at data quicker than clicking away at the web interface.

Sound familiar Bill?

Ok so I haven't had time to setup the SOAP box the way I'd like to.  It's there in waiting to be done too many other priorities.

How about reactivation of previously run BAT jobs?  I can't find an answer for this.  Maybe it's staring at me right in the face?   It's the same data I'm looking for.  Having to go through the whole reporting process each time is a pain.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: