Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM not accepting new SSL connections

alexc2010
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Could some one please help on me on this.

My CSM is not accepting any new SSL connections for around 4 hours now. I have manaully rebooted the CSM now and it seems to be working fine.

Teh CSM was working fine without any problem and I have not done any changes on the module. I would like to know why suddenly CSM not operational?

Is ths hardware issue or software?

I am running 4.1(3) software versin on the CSM.

Thanks in advance. Your help would be highly appriciated.

Regards

Alex.

2 Replies 2

alexc2010
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone lookinto this please?

Sean Merrow
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Alex,

We would need to see a failed connection on the CSM's port-channel to see at what point the connection fails and multiple showtechs taken during the issue to see what, if any, error counters were incrementing.  Without this kind of data, there is no way to tell what the root cause of the failures were.

Given that a reload of the module recovered the connectivity, it is likely not a hardware issue.

In the event that this was to reoccur, I would recommend the following action plan:

1. Get a showtech from the Supervisor
  2. Using SPAN, start a capture on the CSM port-channel.  The source interface of your monitor session would be Po<256 + csm-slot>.  For example, if the CSM is in slot 4, then the source interface of your  monitor session would be Po260.
  3. Let one or more connections fail
  4. Stop the capture
  5. Get a second showtech from the Supervisor.

Also, as a proactive measure, I would strongly recommend an upgrade to the latest CSM 4.2(x) or 4.3(x) software as the 4.1 code is very old and there have been many bug fixes since then.4.2(13) would be a good choice, unless you need features of the 4.3(x) stream.

Also, note that the CSM is now End-of-Life, as well as the 4.1(x) software.  Any bug fixes that are implemented until the End-of-Engineering support will only go into the 4.2(x) and 4.3(x) streams.

Hope this helps,

Sean

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: