cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPS Update

thomas.green
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ASA 5510 with the ASA-5510-10 IPS module installed. The IPS signature has not been updated in over 60 days, it appears it just stopped auto updating. The license is current and the current signature version is 7.0.1 E3. I tried manually to update to 7.0.3 E4 and received an error that Engine version 4 is required to update. I cannot find any engine updates on the Cisco support site. Can anyone tell me where I can find the engine updates?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Panos Kampanakis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please try the IPS section of the Security forum.

PK

Upgrade to 7.0.2E4, and use the file                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              IPS-K9-7.0-2-E4.pkg.

The file can be download here :

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/ImageList.x?relVer=7.0%282%29E4&mdfid=280432811&sftType=Intrusion+Prevention+System+%28IPS%29+System+Upgrades&optPlat=&nodecount=11&edesignator=null&modelName=Cisco+ASA+Advanced+Inspection+and+Prevention+%2...

Then after that you can upgrade to 7.0.3E4.

Regards,

Thanks, I found the file.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card