cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SGE2000P & GVRP

robert.c.davis4
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having fits getting these devices to learn VLAN information.  Does this even work when the device is set to layer 3?

I have tried setting the port to general, access, and trunk.  I have enabled GVRP globally as well as on the interface.  I would like to create a VLAN on a "core" switch and have the other switches learn that VLAN as well as it's IP for default routes.  Can anyone help simplify this for me?  I'm not used to GVRP at all and at this point in time am missing CLI and VTP .

Thanks much,

Rob

2 Replies 2

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm having fits getting these devices to learn VLAN information.  Does this even work when the device is set to layer 3?

I have tried setting the port to general, access, and trunk.  I have enabled GVRP globally as well as on the interface.  I would like to create a VLAN on a "core" switch and have the other switches learn that VLAN as well as it's IP for default routes.  Can anyone help simplify this for me?  I'm not used to GVRP at all and at this point in time am missing CLI and VTP .

Thanks much,

Rob

Hi Rob,

Check out the below link for vlan creation on SGE2000

http://www.ciscosecure.net/en/US/products/ps9967/products_qanda_item09186a0080a36802.shtml

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

I've read through that and still am having issues?  I guess if someone could answer at least one specific questions, I could maybe make some

progress....

1. Will GVRP work with these in layer 3 mode?

Thanks,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X