cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520

jaime madruga
Level 1
Level 1

I have a used UC520-16 unit that I'm trying to setup I have some CP 524 G phones and when I pluged them in they keep intiating, but never finish.

Also I have a Lynksys SPA 942 phone that finish intiating, but it doesn't have dial tone.

Aren't phones suppose to work right out of the box on the UC520, at least have dial tone?

21 Replies 21

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jaime,

A UC-5XX may or may not work right out of the box, in most cases i just use CCA and reset them to a factory default state, and it is a good idea to use the latest software pack to do this. Then quickly run through the telephony wizard and at least give it a basic provisioning.

If your system is in a factory default state then auto reg should be enabled, meaning that when you plug a phone into the system it will be auto allocated an extension. However an SPA942 will not, this is not a phone designed for the UC5XX series appliances, it is a SIP based device that would require special programming on the system in order for it to work.

Do you have CCA 2.2.4?

Do you have the latest UC-5XX software pack?

Cheers,

David

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

thanks David. I do have CCA 2.2,

but I don't have the latest software pack. I will download it and let you know.

How did you do?  The uc500 software pack has the phone loads in it, and when you use CCA to perform the SW upgrade the Phone Load Manager (PLM) will pop up and ask you which phone loads you want on your system.  Just keep in mind a uc 520 first have the flash space to fit them all,, so please just select the ones you need.  UC 540 or UC 560 don't have this worry.  PLM can also be launched separately if you need to adjust.    And we don't support the Spa9xx as Dave replied on this system.  Look at the new SPA5xx series going forward as the CP5xx announced EOL plan.

Posted from my mobile device.

I reseted the unit to Factory default downloaded the latest sof

tware pack. When installing the software pack with CCA is gets stock at

Analysing phone loads in software pack. it goes all the way to 99% and goes back to 97%

and it keeps doing it.

any Ideas.

So it never got to the point where it asked you to select phones?

What is the 'dir flash:' look like please?

I have attached a file with the

dir.

Bingo.

CCA only supports directory file structure.

Please reset to factory defaults and check the box that says AUTO DISK CLEANUP.

under restart/reset I don't see an option for auto disk cleanup.

the auto disk cleanup is under  software upgrade.

are you refering to the option Apply default configuration under software upgrade?

SW Upgrade is where it is.

Can you do an upgrade to the same bundle zip and have that box checked.  Select Yes to overwrite IOS if its the same.  SHould take 3 minutes. then reload.

If you check that box, it should work.

I'm having the same problem. it keeps getting stock at analyzing phone loads in software pack.

and if I try to do a factory resete under the restart/reset it tells me that I must update the software pack first.

Golly Jeepers.  So sorry about this.

We started supporting directory formated flash around CCA 1.9 time frame.   I noticed the original post shared flash has a very old IOS image (like XW4), so that explains why UC500 flash is flat.

So I need to find out what happens first...PLM or formatting of flash, and if PLM goes first and doesnt like flash format (lack of phones subdirectory), what do we do.  I may need your log (CCA Help-> Support-> Troubleshooting Log: Generate)

Its clear Reset doesnt have such the option.

But I am asking in parallel to see if this is a known issue and if we have a way around it.

Steve

logs attached.

I see alot of errors in the application log.  I forwarded it to Engineering.

In the mean time, since it is not recommended to build on XW4, and I assume this is not a field deployed system, may I ask if you have tried to factory reset from the SW Upgrade GUI.  In other words, Check BOTH Factory RESET and Auto Flash format box and do an upgrad?.

Also, can I ask you if your PC is on the local LAN or are you using CCA over a VPN connection?

(local is recommended for this).

From the SW upgrade GUI my only options to check are auto disk cleanup and apply default configuration.

I also select all under software. I;m using CCA version 2.2 (4)

I have only  the factory reset option under restart/reset, and it forces me to do a software update before I'm able to do a factory reset.

I'm conected directly to one one the the ports of the UC520.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: