Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN or .. From Office to home

Mahir Ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everybody,

I want to access my home lab from office , and I am not successfull in doing so.

Here is my setup. (right now on dynamips but next week I will have my full physical lab)

I want to access my Terminal server from my office. My office firewall is not letting me to telnet or ssh to outside address which are not setup in firewall. I can ping my home public ip.

My home setup is TPLINK router with 4 port switch my system is getting a dynamic IP from the TPLINK but my router I statically defined the IP same as TPLINK dhcp range.

I opened the port 22 and 23 it is accessible from everywhere except my office.

If you guys need more info I will be more than happy to provide but I want to acheive this thing but I really have ne idea how. I am prety new in Cisco. Hope will get good and detail responces.

Regards

Mahir

3 Replies 3

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

You office network is blocking SSH & Telnet, you can speak to your IT department to see if they will allow it.

No Success. Ay other suggestion...

Regards

Mahir

Well in that case - it's very unlikely that the comapny will block http.  So configure port  forwarding on your router to port translate 80 to 23, and configure the router to allow tcp port 80 requests and forward them into your terminal server.

HTH>