Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP 527W Firmware?

darylprasad69
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have just purchased a SRP 527W and I am having a few issues. One is with my wireless printer and server not being recognised. They are connected, I can ping them and talk to them vis the command line but they do not show up automatically. I suspect it might be something to do with Bonjour and the devices not being recognised. The other is with the ADSL connection dropping regularly which is something I never had with my old router.

The firmware version is 1.01.01 (006) Jan 22 2010 but I have noticed on the CIsco website there is a newer version

SRP520W-1.1.9.zip  Valid Contract Required
Release Date: 03/May/2010
Cisco Small Business Pro SRP 520 Series Software Image 1.01.09

It would seem the only way I can get this is by signing up to a Technical Support Services Agreement. Is there any other way to get the firmware?

6 Replies 6

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Daryl,

Regarding firmware, your observation is correct, a support contract is required to obtain SRP500 firmware.

The 3 Year Small Business Pro Service offering (CON-SBS-SVC2) is available for the SRP 520s.

Regarding your ADSL connection, I hope that you don't mind me asking, but do you have your PPP session configured for Connect on Demand, or keepalive.  If you have this correctly set for keepalive, would you mind providing a little more information about your service and current configuration?

Many thanks

Andy

Andy

There seems to be some issue with DNS Multicast across wired and

wireless devices. Wired to wired seem to work ok but not wired to

wireless. The ADSL link is up but the problem lies with the DNS lookup.

Thanks for the info, I am thinking of returning this router as it

really should work straight out of the box.

On 14 Jun 2010, at 12:42, ahickman

Thanks for the feedback Daryl,

We're investigating the multicast issue now.

Just to be clear, do I understand that there are no issues with the DSL connection dropping?

Regards

Andy

Just to close on this.  We do not currently support Bonjour on the SRP500.  This is on our roadmap for support in a later release.

Hi Everyone,

This feature is now supported in version 1.1.19 (MR3) for the SRP520.

Regards

Andy

Hello, i am trying to download the latest firmware for this router, but i have no luck with it( please see screenshoot).

I understand it may be out of sale and out of support but i would need to update the software.

is it possible to get it from somewhere?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: