cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Confused....

Jonn cos
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all. I know you guys are busy answering technical queries but pls take out some time to help me out as well

Recently i asked a query regarding sip trunk and i was told by an expert here that dial peers employ voip signalling protocols between gateways. I have checked the entire ccna voice book and cvoice book but this point is not mentioned anywhere. It was clearly defined in SRND but not in any cisco ebooks. I am really depressed now. I dont know whether to use these books or shall i start reading from SRND alone. I have lost faith in CCVP ebooks i think

I want to excel in cisco voip technologies so if someone can properly guide me as how to approach it i will be really grateful. I have no insititues in my country that are offering CCVP/CCNA voice yet. So any sort of encouragement will be help ful. Kindly guide me how to approach my studies, which books to use.

I know this is way to ood question for you guys but pls help me out.

2 Replies 2

Jonn cos
Level 4
Level 4

Anyone pls ?

Hi Jonn, for the particular case 'YES' you can define the signaling protocol on dial-peers.

For SIP, you have to define 'session protocol sipv2' on the dial-peer, and by default it will talk on H.323 if you don't specify this, eventhough you have option to specify voice-class h323 under the dial-peers.

And regarding SRND, you shouldn't start reading it unless you have some ip voice basics specially on Cisco domain, better start reading CVOICE book and follow it's curriculum, you can find it on Cisco Press. Also you can find lots of documents on Cisco website itself regarding the voice basics, technotes, configuration guide and examples etc. etc. Just keep in touch with those.

HTH.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: