cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

integrated-service-engine

rnrmarine
Level 1
Level 1

i have a 2811 cisco router and it has call manager on it and i have narrowed the problem down to not having a I-S-E and everywhere i look up online only tells me how to configure it. i need to know if that is a card i need to buy or if it is already on my RTR and i just need to figure out how to activate it. my ccm will not enable and none of my phones will register. any help is appreciated.

Semper Fidelis,

Sgt. Thomas, Bruce A.

United States Marine Corps

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Sgt. Thomas

I do not think that the 2811 routes support Integrated Service Router WAN opimization.

Q. What are the components of the new Cisco® 2800 and 3800 series integrated services router WAN optimization bundles?

A.There are two new WAN optimization bundles. The basic WAN optimization bundles are composed of a Cisco 2821 or 2851 or Cisco 3825 or 3845 integrated services router with hardware-based compression Advanced Integration Module (product number AIM-COMPR4) for high-performance compression, as well as the integrated Content Engine network module (product number NM-CE-BP-80G-K9) for optimization of rich media and Web traffic. The secure WAN optimization bundles are composed of a Cisco 2821 or 2851 or Cisco 3825 or 3845 integrated services router with hardware-based encryption Advanced Integration Module (product number AIM-VPN-II+) for high-performance encryption

Please take a look at this document and let us know if this is helpfull to you.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5854/prod_qas0900aecd8033e8f9_ps5855_Products_Q_and_A_Item.html

HTH

Reza

well this is an older router and i'm in a situation where i have to use what i have. and im sure that the ccm has at one point been able to work on this router. it is to my understanding that the ise is what the router uses to talk to the ccm. is there anyway i could put an ise on here or anyway i could get around it? i wouldnt imagine that someone would put ccm on this without knowingly be able to use it, thanks for your help.

when you login to the router do you see the ccm-manager command?

looking at a 2821, I can see the ccm-manager.  See below:

T-1(config)# ccm-manager ?
  application               application specific
  config                    MGCP download configuration
  download-tones            Enable Tone Download from TFTP server
  fallback-mgcp             Enable Fallback from MGCP to H.323 mode if no Call Manager is available
  fax                       Enable fax protocol for MGCP
  mgcp                      Enable Call Manager Application MGCP mode
  music-on-hold             Enable multicast Music-on-hold
  redundant-host            Redundant host list
  shut-backhaul-interfaces  Shutdown the backhauled interfaces if no Call Manager is available
  switchback                Configure switchback options for rehoming to higher-order Call Manager

T-1(config)# ccm-manager

The only interfaces this router come with are the default interfaces (2 1Gig Ethernet) and a vpn module.

yes i do see that... and i also have commands for sccp  and shut-interfaces-tftp-fails

viyuan700
Level 5
Level 5

As far as I know integrated-service-engine is required for Unity express i.e for vocie mail auto attendant. I have 2811 with CCME an without CUE (i.e integrated-service-engine) but i can register phone. Maybe you have some other problem either with the phone or your router config.

You can get better response for this question in IP telephony section.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card