E1/T1 PRI versus E1/T1 CAS

Unanswered Question
Giuseppe Larosa Mon, 06/14/2010 - 01:12
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

    Founding Member

Hello Alsayed,

we can say that E1/T1 PRI is used when you connect to ISDN world via a primary rate interface.

E1/T1 CAS channel associated signaling can be used  in voice environments to connect to digital trunks that are not ISDN

the multiflex is a type of interface that is flexible and can be configured as E1 or T1

To be noted that to connect to ISDN or to use for VoIP you may need DSP resources on the routers or you get an error message telling that you lack DSP resources

Hope to help



This Discussion