cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC L2 OOB implementation=>Quarantine Role relationship with Untrusted Network

Baerde1234
Level 1
Level 1

in NAC L2 OOB per my understanding, a node coming online gets put in the untrusted network for the authentication/validation before going "out of band" or out to the regular subnet. As far as Quarantine Role for remediation, does there need to yet be a different subnet for the hosts requiring remediation, or can the remedication be done from within the Untrusted subnet(quarantine role within untrusted managed subnet)?

3 Replies 3

Baerde1234
Level 1
Level 1

Also I just set aside Subnet Information for the Untrusted Managed Subnets. I have opted for 2 /

22 subnets per Distribution Block, and 4 for the one distribution block that is substantially larger than the rest.

Is that number reasonable, from all the provided info or is it advisable to use smaller subnets or

larger ones and what's the reason for whatever the more advisable approach?

Hi,

I've seen customers use /16's as their subnets too. Not something I'd do necessarily, but just another data point for you to consume. Think /22's would be okay.

HTH,

Faisal

Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Remediation is done in the untrusted subnets. Once they're through and clean, they'll either retain their IP addressing, or get a new one (depending on whether you use role-based VLANs or not)

HTH,

Faisal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card