Views
Helpful
Replies

WLAN Guest Access logs with WLC

jgauthray
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

If I set up a guest access network based on WLC & WLC anchor (with or without WCS), do you know if it is possible to log the clients'sessions (we want to have dest IP/url & timestamps) ? If yes, how could we handle it ?

Thank you

3 Replies 3

leejohns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you would need some other device like Websense in order to be able to view that information.  The WLCs are not going to be able to provide you with that as they do not log wireless traffic in that manner.

Thanks,

Lee

Ok Thanks

Problem is that I need to log clients URLs, and if I use a UTM/websense to log that traffic it is hard to get who asked for a specific URL : web authentication is made on WLC, http logging is made on UTM and there is no correlation between that two logs files.

It seems it is possible to get something like that with an architecture : WLC + NGS + ASA. Is there any easier/smaller solution (if I need to deploy such a solution in a small network)?

Thank you

Not that I know of.  Sorry...

Lee

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card