hardware support for upload speeds?

Unanswered Question
Jun 14th, 2010
User Badges:

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

Hi,

Is there any way to use a 3620 or 3640 Cisco (or other inexpensive legacy Cisco router)router to increase the upload speeds and decrease jitter/latency when sitting behind a business flashed cable modem? I will be getting a static IP and DNS through TWC with the lowest business speeds. They say the speeds are just short of 1 MB up and 7 down. The thing is that is backwards for my needs. I want this server to allow my business partner's machines to VPN through the big wall and access American unfiltered internet. Having VPN/SSl already increases latency. What network module/aim package do I need to maximize the upload speeds with these needs in mind? Will they need a cico router on their side as well?

The server has a dual GB nics built-in. Two dual core 2.5 PPC processors, 12 GB ECC ram, Rocketraid 4322 running 8 raptors in raid 5, SSD boot drive, Rocketraid 2320 running two 2 TB 7200 rpm Hitachi/s in raid 1, Quadro FX4500 vid card.

It will be running Leopard Server.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content