Views
Helpful
Replies

Static IP

saquib.tandel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have static IP on a DSL router and want to access 4 routers on the lan ( ssh or telnet )

For one router, I can do a static NAT but how can I access other 3 routers from Internet.

Thanks

ST

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hitesh Vinzoda
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You can do port forwarding based on the port numbers on the DSL router e.g.

Wan interface IP address port 3000     forward it to Router 1 ip address port 23

Wan interface IP address port 3001     forward it to Router 2 ip address port 23

Wan interface IP address port 3002     forward it to Router 3 ip address port 23

Wan interface IP address port 3003     forward it to Router 4 ip address port 23

so when you telnet wan interface ip address it will forward according to the port numbers where the telnet was received on the DSL router

telnet 1.2.3.4 3000 >> Goes to R1

telnet 1.2.3.4 3001 >> Goes to R2

and So on...

Hope this helps

Hitesh Vinzoda

Pls rate useful posts

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hitesh Vinzoda
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You can do port forwarding based on the port numbers on the DSL router e.g.

Wan interface IP address port 3000     forward it to Router 1 ip address port 23

Wan interface IP address port 3001     forward it to Router 2 ip address port 23

Wan interface IP address port 3002     forward it to Router 3 ip address port 23

Wan interface IP address port 3003     forward it to Router 4 ip address port 23

so when you telnet wan interface ip address it will forward according to the port numbers where the telnet was received on the DSL router

telnet 1.2.3.4 3000 >> Goes to R1

telnet 1.2.3.4 3001 >> Goes to R2

and So on...

Hope this helps

Hitesh Vinzoda

Pls rate useful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card