Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM Alternate Call Routing

Is this possible?

I'm routing outbound calls to a H323 gateway, for example 555-1111.  However, when the gateway is down, I would like to re-route this call to the helpdesk at extension 5000.  So far, I haven't found a way move an external call back inside.  I've gotta be missing something easy.

Any ideas? This is UCM 7.1.

Thanx.

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I cannot think of a way to do this within UCM; however, I could do it if you had a spare router and a CUBE license.

The issue is that once the route list is selected for a route pattern, subsequent route group or route group member selections can only perform transformations on the call, not a translation. Because of this the call essentially must leave UCM at that point since route groups can only contain gateways or trunks.

If you have a spare router, you could configure it with dial-peers and a translation-profile to loop the call back to UCM after translating the called number. At this point you would just need the gateway (H.323) or trunk (SIP) to have a CSS with on-net partitions that could reach whatever pattern the gateway translated the call to.

Somewhat ironic that you need a router to provide resiliancy for your other router but it's better than a 'no.'

Yup, already thought of that one.  However, we can't always justify another router. I even opened a TAC case today and they told me the same thing.  I guess I'll add it to the enhancement requests.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: