cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Long Distance Calling without the leading 1

jcarter
Level 4
Level 4

When I try to remove the 1 in the outgoing dial plan for 10 digit long distance, the phone only takes the first 7 digits when I try to dial out.

I was going to fix up the translation profile to add the 1 back in when the call gets sent out.

Is there some way to make this work?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If these are the only options you see (the ones in your JPEG), you are  probably missing the templates files from his installation.
Please check the following directory:
/.configuration assistant/telephony/dialplan,  where USER_HOME should be \Documents and Settings\

If you do not see our template xml files here, the recommendation would be to re-install CCA, because this means that these files have been deleted.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is there a conflict (ambiguity) with another part of the dial plan?

What dial plan are you using?  WHich line did you modify and how?

I do not have the 10 digit local on mine but that would be what I need.

The numbering plan locale is North American 7 digit.  Do I need to change this to North American 10 digit?  How would I do that?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, you can use that same menu in CCA 2.2.4 and select it from the pulldown drop box and apply it.

I am particular about 2.2.4 because in the TSW in prior CCA releases that dial plan had some bugs.   While you are in expert mode (not Telephony Setup Wizard mode) I still dont want to take any chances.

Dont forget to Save when your done.

Heck, maybe even backup before you start ;-)

I only have the 7 digit plan in my dropdown.  Do I need to load that somewhere?

you dont have a list of them with prefix "Template: xxxxxxxxxxx"  ?

What version of CCA did you use to install and did you use TSW?   What UC500 model and what SW pack are you using?

If these are the only options you see (the ones in your JPEG), you are  probably missing the templates files from his installation.
Please check the following directory:
/.configuration assistant/telephony/dialplan,  where USER_HOME should be \Documents and Settings\

If you do not see our template xml files here, the recommendation would be to re-install CCA, because this means that these files have been deleted.

They are in there.

Thanks for all your help.

pleasure.  Please mark answered.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: