Views
Helpful
Replies

POTS Dial-Peer Question

ROBERT ISAACS
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

The site in question has 10 digit local dialing but management wants the users at the site to only dial 7 digits. I have put these instructions in the router config and it is not working. Any help will be greatly appreciated as I continue my learning journey.

dial-peer voice 300 pots
description Local Calling 7 Digit
destination-pattern 9[2-9]......$
port 0/0/0:23
prefix 904
forward-digits 10

Thanks,

RI

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Forward digits applies to the digits matched by the destinatio-pattern string. I believe it take effect before the prefix is applied... so forward-digits 10 would result in the 7 digits plus 9 prefix being sent out, then prefixed with 904.

As pointed out earlier, if you run a debug isdn q931 it becomes quite obvious what is going on...

Regards

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

just do under the dialpeer

no forward-digits all

or

no forward-digits

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

jamesfang98
Level 1
Level 1

Got busy tone or else when dial '9'+7digits? what is your 'show dial-p voi sum' result?

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What's the exact behavior you're getting?

What are you dialing?

What is PSTN expecting?

You could gather a debug voip ccapi inout to see exactly what you're sending to the PSTN.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

try to make your dial-peer as bellow

dial-peer voice 300 pots
description Local Calling 7 Digit
destination-pattern 9[2-9]......$
port 0/0/0:23
prefix 904

when the user dial 9 and followed by 7 digits 9[2-9]......$ the 9 will be removed and 904 will be added to the number resulting in 10 digits

also debug  i sdn q931 to see what digits you sending to the teleco

good luck

Thank you for your answer. Don't I need to add a forward-digits 10 to this. I can't do a forward-digits all because of the leading 9 and because of the preceding 9 to get dial tone I can't use default can I?

RI

Hi

Forward digits applies to the digits matched by the destinatio-pattern string. I believe it take effect before the prefix is applied... so forward-digits 10 would result in the 7 digits plus 9 prefix being sent out, then prefixed with 904.

As pointed out earlier, if you run a debug isdn q931 it becomes quite obvious what is going on...

Regards

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

That is exactly what happened. I did the debug on an 7 digit outbound call and it showed 9049XXXXXXX where the X's are the local number. So how do I get rid of tthe middle 9 (the dial 9 for outside line)? I have tried to put in the following:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^9049/ /904/

dial-peer voice 300 pots

translate-outgoing called 1

I still get the same results a busy with the 9049 then the 7 digit number.

RI

just do it as i mentioned above

remove the forward digit all

this way the explicit matching in ur pots dialpeer will be removed which is the 9 and then the 904 will be added to the dialed number

just do it and then debug to see the diffrence

good luck

if helpful Rate

Should I set the forward digits back to default?

RI

just do under the dialpeer

no forward-digits all

or

no forward-digits

As I understand it you cannot give a no command here. The command to set it back to default is default forward-digits.

RI

I put the default forward-digits in the dial peer and it works now. Thanks to everyone who tried to help!!!

RI

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: